GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: sychosis on 27 April 2012, 08:36

Title: Found a leak
Post by: sychosis on 27 April 2012, 08:36
Came out to go to work this morning, noticed cd player wire sticking out under glovebox, went to tuck it back and came out with wet hand  :angry:. What usual suspects should I be looking for? Windscreen, pollen filter etc?

Cheers
Title: Re: Found a leak
Post by: javalin on 27 April 2012, 11:32
>Windscreen, pollen filter etc?
yes

Also worth checking the drains in the scuttle (where the ECU and windscreen wiper motors are)

James
Title: Re: Found a leak
Post by: sychosis on 27 April 2012, 11:39
>Windscreen, pollen filter etc?
yes

Also worth checking the drains in the scuttle (where the ECU and windscreen wiper motors are)

James

Check them as in blockages?

Thanks
Title: Re: Found a leak
Post by: javalin on 27 April 2012, 11:48
yes - otherwise water off the windscreen fills it up....

see - http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed/Campingart/jettatech/raintray/index.htm (http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed/Campingart/jettatech/raintray/index.htm)

gives you an idea of where I mean.

James
Title: Re: Found a leak
Post by: Wayne on 27 April 2012, 11:54
You may also have a leak from the heater matrix.
Title: Re: Found a leak
Post by: javalin on 27 April 2012, 11:55
yeah - is it water, or water+additive?
Title: Re: Found a leak
Post by: Deano2711 on 27 April 2012, 12:03
Do you have a sunroof ??
Title: Re: Found a leak
Post by: sychosis on 27 April 2012, 12:37
You may also have a leak from the heater matrix.
yeah - is it water, or water+additive?
No additive, just water

Do you have a sunroof ??
No sunroof
Title: Re: Found a leak
Post by: Wayne on 27 April 2012, 12:39
If it is just water I would check your pollen filter plus that the scuttle drains are free.
Title: Re: Found a leak
Post by: sychosis on 27 April 2012, 12:56
Cheers guys, I'll take a gander later.
Title: Re: Found a leak
Post by: sychosis on 30 April 2012, 08:53
Well I just want to thanks the guys that replied to me, I found a forest under the scuttle panel, all cleared now.

Thanks guys  :grin:
Title: Re: Found a leak
Post by: javalin on 30 April 2012, 09:01
glad you got it sorted.   :smiley: