GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Willo on 19 April 2012, 16:10

Title: Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps
Post by: Willo on 19 April 2012, 16:10
Right I have a mk3 1.4 cl no fog lights I want to fit either fog lights like of higher spec models or daytime running lamps or both the questions are what do I need to retro fit the fog lights and how do I wire in daytime running lamps to come on automatically with the start of engine/ignition

Will
Title: Re: Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps
Post by: dom on 19 April 2012, 17:53
DRLs will look sh!te so don't bother :wink:

If you want to retro fit them you'll need the lights, wiring loom and switch.
Title: Re: Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps
Post by: Wayne on 19 April 2012, 21:01
DRLs will look sh!te so don't bother :wink:

Agreed :afro:

Fog lamps are easier but as Dom said you all the parts and then it is plug and play.
Title: Re: Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps
Post by: Willo on 19 April 2012, 21:03
Is that all I need then is it a simple job sorry very new to vw ownership
Title: Re: Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps
Post by: Wayne on 19 April 2012, 21:21
Is that all I need then is it a simple job sorry very new to vw ownership

Yep with all the parts it is plug and play.
Title: Re: Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps
Post by: gti gaz on 20 April 2012, 08:08
Easy to do just get a good loom
Title: Re: Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 20 April 2012, 10:04
Or just fit the proper VW fog loom from à donor vehicle.