GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: banterchicken on 21 October 2010, 17:47
-
I have an 85 mk2, and the trim on the sides sticks out very far. See picture below
(http://www.wagenwheels.co.uk/car_images/stock66a.jpg)
I hate the side trim like this, I'm currently hunting for a replacement set like the big bumper models have like this...
(http://octane.ie/images/originals/5719.jpg)
I found these on the bay, are they the same? is the red badge a seperate item?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mk2-Golf-3-door-small-bumper-trim-and-arches-/120633702583?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c165438b7 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mk2-Golf-3-door-small-bumper-trim-and-arches-/120633702583?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c165438b7)
-
No. That is Non-GTi trim.
Don't buy it.
-
No. That is Non-GTi trim.
Don't buy it.
Cheers, the hunt continues.
-
Plenty of it comes up in the classified section.
-
ive got some for a 3dr and 5dr but your trim is stuck on and not clipped on aint it?
-
wont suit your car one bit imo.
love small bumper mk2's with bigger red trim :cool:
-
wont suit your car one bit imo.
love small bumper mk2's with bigger red trim :cool:
Yeah I'm not sure on how it will look either frankly I just hate the side trim, the bumpers are fine. I can always remove it :).
ive got some for a 3dr and 5dr but your trim is stuck on and not clipped on aint it?
Think so yeah, but shouldn't be to much bother
-
No. That is Non-GTi trim.
Don't buy it.
Looks like GTI trim to me! it looks the same as my 89 16v trim...
Thom
-
wont suit your car one bit imo.
love small bumper mk2's with bigger red trim :cool:
No likey?
(http://stuff.benlacey.com/imgs/car/DSC_5243.jpg)
-
your car is early spec, with no holes in the doors. this means 88 and 90spec trim wont just clip on, you'll have to stick it on. id de-trim it for smoothness
-
First dibs on the trims you're taking off!
-
your car is early spec, with no holes in the doors. this means 88 and 90spec trim wont just clip on, you'll have to stick it on. id de-trim it for smoothness
yeah don't think it will be too hard.
First dibs on the trims you're taking off!
will let you know, won't be until I get paid anyway!