GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: Ant1981 on 19 September 2010, 12:07

Title: My old 16V
Post by: Ant1981 on 19 September 2010, 12:07
In my siggy. Where is it? Anyone here know of it or have it?
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: jmsheahan on 19 September 2010, 12:27
The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for H37 LAD are:

Date of Liability    01 06 2011
Date of First Registration    18 06 1991
Year of Manufacture    1991
Cylinder Capacity (cc)    1781CC
CO2 Emissions    Not Available
Fuel Type    Petrol
Export Marker    Not Applicable
Vehicle Status    SORN Not Due
Vehicle Colour    BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval    
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle    
6 Months Rate    £112.75
12 Months Rate    £205.00


Looks like it might be SORN'd at present?
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: Ben Lessani on 19 September 2010, 13:22
I think I took some wing mirrors off it in a scrappy a few months ago
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: Ant1981 on 19 September 2010, 14:27
I think I took some wing mirrors off it in a scrappy a few months ago

No way?! It was a minter when I sold it!
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: JC on 19 September 2010, 14:30
The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for H37 LAD are:

Date of Liability    01 06 2011
Date of First Registration    18 06 1991
Year of Manufacture    1991
Cylinder Capacity (cc)    1781CC
CO2 Emissions    Not Available
Fuel Type    Petrol
Export Marker    Not Applicable
Vehicle Status    SORN Not Due
Vehicle Colour    BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval    
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle    
6 Months Rate    £112.75
12 Months Rate    £205.00


Looks like it might be SORN'd at present?

no,  read again

Quote
Date of Liability    01 06 2011

not due  tax til then  :wink:
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: Rhyso on 19 September 2010, 14:32
@ Ant - re-size you sig please  :smiley:
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: Chris-White on 19 September 2010, 15:56
The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for H37 LAD are:

Date of Liability    01 06 2011
Date of First Registration    18 06 1991
Year of Manufacture    1991
Cylinder Capacity (cc)    1781CC
CO2 Emissions    Not Available
Fuel Type    Petrol
Export Marker    Not Applicable
Vehicle Status    SORN Not Due
Vehicle Colour    BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval    
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle    
6 Months Rate    £112.75
12 Months Rate    £205.00


Looks like it might be SORN'd at present?

no,  read again

Quote
Date of Liability    01 06 2011

not due  tax til then  :wink:

no its on a sorn, which needs to be renewed in june next year. its only been off road for 4 months or so.
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: Chris-White on 19 September 2010, 15:58
not insured either.
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: Ant1981 on 19 September 2010, 16:08
He's right, it's SORN  :sad:
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: Ant1981 on 19 September 2010, 16:10
not insured either.

How do you know?
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: JC on 19 September 2010, 16:11
askmid
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: Ant1981 on 19 September 2010, 16:16
askmid

What does that mean?
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: Mitching on 19 September 2010, 16:52
http://www.askmid.com/ownvehicle/

Quote
H37 lad is NOT on the Motor Insurance Database today
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: bvr on 19 September 2010, 22:16
http://www.askmid.com/ownvehicle/

Quote
H37 lad is NOT on the Motor Insurance Database today

Loving that link!!
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: Ben Lessani on 19 September 2010, 22:47
I think I took some wing mirrors off it in a scrappy a few months ago

No way?! It was a minter when I sold it!

Yeh, there wasn't much left to identify it, just some front wings and a reg plate :rolleyes:
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: Ant1981 on 20 September 2010, 06:58
I think I took some wing mirrors off it in a scrappy a few months ago

No way?! It was a minter when I sold it!

Yeh, there wasn't much left to identify it, just some front wings and a reg plate :rolleyes:

Right, so that could be any car.
Title: Re: My old 16V
Post by: Ant1981 on 20 September 2010, 07:01
I just remembered something. That car didn't have H37LAD as its plate originally. At some point that plate was put on. I sold the car to a one man VW dealer who only bought special VW's. He had either 'a' plate or the original put back on, so the car didn't sell as H37LAD.

Also, there was some event somewhere that VW held, to do with the launch of the MK5 GTi I think. VW wanted the previous GTi's there and my old MK2 was used.

So with the H37LAD plate, it may be hard to find my old car. I did see pics somewhere of it with the changed plate, but I can't remember now where and I can't remember the dealer either. Kind of a private dealer who operated from his home.