GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: tony_ack on 03 September 2010, 23:06

Title: Warning triangle
Post by: tony_ack on 03 September 2010, 23:06
Any ideas/pics of how the warning triangle should be mounted in the boot? Mine is just loose under the catch, behind the rear panel. I'm guessing there should be some kind of mounting strap, but how/where does it all attach?
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: X4MGS on 04 September 2010, 00:50
Ant...

You give me the triangle and I'll show you how to mount it....














I have the straps but no Triangle....  :angry:
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: tony_ack on 04 September 2010, 18:31
Ant...

You give me the triangle and I'll show you how to mount it....














I have the straps but no Triangle....  :angry:

How rude!

I have looked on Vagcat, and it looks like the strap is a shorter version of the first aid kit one. I do have a shorter strap lying aroud somewhere in my emporium so I may be in luck...

It looks like the triangle in mine is in roughly the right place - I just need the strap to secure it?
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: X4MGS on 04 September 2010, 20:00
I have 2 straps in the rear between the center and left hand side... The straps I think are the same size as the 1st aid box..

Will check on etka later...
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: kittie on 04 September 2010, 21:22
I've got one strap on the left hand side - what would this have been for? I have no triangle or anything just a strap. Use it to keep the tool bag in place at the mo!

X4MGS, I like the look of the keyring! Will keep an eye out for you in Sheff. I also have a red un  :smiley:
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: X4MGS on 04 September 2010, 21:54
On the left under the rear speaker?

If so its for the First aid box...

See My Dubs Ride Thread... http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140182.70

Also more pics of the Keyrings... They should be ready in a week or so...

I'm down the "cliffe" near Meadowhell!!
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: dragonfly on 04 September 2010, 21:56
There should be a small strap under the latch on the backpanel.
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: rubjonny on 06 September 2010, 10:04
should have 2 straps, thru the angled holes in the panel. also there are 2 plastic clips to stop the straps chafing on the panel and/or wearing the paint off

liek this, but triangle should be inside the panel not on the outside:
(http://vwtech.no-ip.info/images/golf/g2triangle1staid.jpg)
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: X4MGS on 06 September 2010, 10:36
I Want One!!!!  :sad:  :nerd:


should have 2 straps, thru the angled holes in the panel. also there are 2 plastic clips to stop the straps chafing on the panel and/or wearing the paint off

liek this, but triangle should be inside the panel not on the outside:
(http://vwtech.no-ip.info/images/golf/g2triangle1staid.jpg)
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: rubjonny on 06 September 2010, 11:42
yeah its cool to have, shame inside of my boot is such a mess! need to get that bit o carpet there from a us model
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: X4MGS on 06 September 2010, 12:06
Yeah does look a bit untidy.... Need to get the Hoover out!!!

Found loads of them on the Bay of Tat... So got one ordered!!

Yippeeee!!! :wink:  :nerd:
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: rubjonny on 06 September 2010, 13:20
if only hoover could sort rust and paint chips eh
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: X4MGS on 06 September 2010, 13:23
How True!!  :laugh:

It don't look that bad rust wise....  :rolleyes:


if only hoover could sort rust and paint chips eh
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: rubjonny on 06 September 2010, 14:06
yeah it isnt too bad i guess, im just too lazy to sort it. its got 4 holes in the boot floor from an old towbar install too (dont ask)
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: X4MGS on 06 September 2010, 14:49
yeah it isnt too bad i guess, im just too lazy to sort it. its got 4 holes in the boot floor from an old towbar install too (dont ask)

Okkkkaaaayyyy!!!! Put some grommits to plug em holes....

Just won my Triangle for £4.00 inc Postage!!!

Must cost that to send it!!
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: rubjonny on 06 September 2010, 14:51
nah carpet covers em so feck it :grin:
if im gonna sort em it would be with a welder!  they dont leak where they are so no big deal
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: X4MGS on 06 September 2010, 15:30
nah carpet covers em so feck it :grin:
if im gonna sort em it would be with a welder!  they dont leak where they are so no big deal

 :cool:  :wink:
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: tony_ack on 06 September 2010, 16:27
Ah so that's where it belongs...

Looks very similar to my boot... same colour, same first aid kit, same triangle, same chips/scratches on the back panel and same crud on the carpet.
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: The Mighty Elvi on 06 September 2010, 16:43
should have 2 straps, thru the angled holes in the panel. also there are 2 plastic clips to stop the straps chafing on the panel and/or wearing the paint off

liek this, but triangle should be inside the panel not on the outside:
(http://vwtech.no-ip.info/images/golf/g2triangle1staid.jpg)

Is that another Royal Blue I see before me.  If its a 5 door and you break it, dont foget to PM me first.

Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: damien.wrl on 14 September 2010, 21:34
hiya , I have mine mounted behind the center strut and under the boot latch... virtually in the center of the rear panel behind the vw badge, can probably get you a picture if required.... look on ebay there is always someone breaking a mk2 and the straps should be cheap
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: Diamond Hell on 14 September 2010, 22:36
You guys should meet up for a navel gazing competition.

You'd be there for days.
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: X4MGS on 14 September 2010, 23:08
Not seen mine in years so yes I would be there for ages.... :shocked:

We all get a bit  :nerd: at times.... All part of the fun - I guess
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: The Mighty Elvi on 14 September 2010, 23:09
Boots for:

1.Logs
2.Dead bodies
3.Shopping.


that's about it.

Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: bodga on 14 September 2010, 23:22
rubjonnys boot is clean, i havent seen my boot floor since i replaced my intank fuel pump (june 09) its just a mini shed for me, trolley jack., oil, cleanin stuff, bodgin stuff, tools, rags. stuff to keep her running :laugh:
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: X4MGS on 14 September 2010, 23:40
Boots for:

1.Logs
2.Dead bodies
3.Shopping.
that's about it.

You forgot Annoying Kids, Bass Boxes & Amps....
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: Diamond Hell on 14 September 2010, 23:50
You forgot Annoying Kids, Bass Boxes & Amps....

No, no he didn't.

He forgot CDS tubing and the spare wheel.

Nothing else should grace the boot of a Golf2.
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: X4MGS on 14 September 2010, 23:59
You forgot Annoying Kids, Bass Boxes & Amps....

No, no he didn't.

He forgot CDS tubing and the spare wheel.

Nothing else should grace the boot of a Golf2.

In That case you forgot Jack & Tool Kit!!! :rolleyes:
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: Diamond Hell on 15 September 2010, 10:12
In That case you forgot Jack & Tool Kit!!!

They go in the spare wheel, duh.
Title: Re: Warning triangle
Post by: dubber36 on 15 September 2010, 14:04
yeah its cool to have, shame inside of my boot is such a mess! need to get that bit o carpet there from a us model

Newton Commercial do them for around £25.   :wink: