GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: stealth_gti on 18 August 2010, 19:27

Title: im converted !! i think
Post by: stealth_gti on 18 August 2010, 19:27
Alright lads, hows things??

Quick introduction im Scott im normally on the mk4 section.

iv decided i want to go old school  :evil:

So i have a mk4 golf 1.8t agu around 200bhp,
(http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn11/stealth_gti/IMG_0055.jpg)

but after playing with my friends mk 2 iv decided sod it drop my engine in a mk 2  :laugh:

im pretty sure a few of u have done it so any tips lol

where am i going to get stuck! im quite handy with a spanner and a large hammer.



     cheers scott

Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: X4MGS on 18 August 2010, 19:30
There is a MK2 with this engine listed on the S2 Forum...

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46435

Not connected to seller!!
Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: stealth_gti on 18 August 2010, 19:34
cheers mate but id rather do it myself, a bit of a challenge and all that.
Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: X4MGS on 18 August 2010, 19:39
It gives you something to look at and maybe the seller can help with tips etc...

Just trying to help!!
Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: stealth_gti on 18 August 2010, 19:47
ahh ok ill have a proper read then all i saw befor was the price lol!!
Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: Ben Lessani on 18 August 2010, 19:48
Have a read through Stinks old posts before starting ... http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=17028;sa=showPosts - should be an eye-opener!

Or jump into the MK2 dub section (or click my sig link), then you'll see how often our heaps fail :D
Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: cняis on 18 August 2010, 19:56
Have a read through Stinks old posts before starting ... http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=17028;sa=showPosts - should be an eye-opener!

Or jump into the MK2 dub section (or click my sig link), then you'll see how much character our cars have :D


edited for you  :wink:
Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: X4MGS on 18 August 2010, 20:12
Mine Don't Breakdown... Now I've touched that nerve I guess it will..  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: Ben Lessani on 19 August 2010, 12:57
Have a read through Stinks old posts before starting ... http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=17028;sa=showPosts - should be an eye-opener!

Or jump into the MK2 dub section (or click my sig link), then you'll see how much character our cars have :D


edited for you  :wink:

Sorry, I must have typo'ed :D But I must say, I do get bored of the character rusting, falling off or just failing.
Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: cняis on 19 August 2010, 13:26
Have a read through Stinks old posts before starting ... http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=17028;sa=showPosts - should be an eye-opener!

Or jump into the MK2 dub section (or click my sig link), then you'll see how much character our cars have :D


edited for you  :wink:

Sorry, I must have typo'ed :D But I must say, I do get bored of the character rusting, falling off or just failing.

the only things that brake on mine are the conversion parts  :lipsrsealed:
Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: walchy01 on 19 August 2010, 17:12
All I've replaced is 19 year old warn parts, nothing breaks, just wears out, every part I have replaced so far which is most things :grin: are original 19 year old parts....
Great fun
Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: Diamond Hell on 20 August 2010, 08:25
I think taking lessons from Stink's experience is definitely worthwhile.

I've run a Golf2 as a daily for a few years, but I don't now as I've got kids and we wanted something bigger and safer with things like ISOfix.

If you're practical and you don't have kids to drag about on a regular basis then I think they're still one of the finest motoring propositions available.

I think they improve with sensitive updating, too.

I do have reservations about nailing a 1.8T in the front of one however.  A lot of what the Golf2 is about is the fantastic, balanced handling that doesn't have the modern safety aids to get in the way.  If you load the front end too much you're going to substantially change the weight balance.  I would be concerned about damaging the driving experience.  However, there are plenty of 1.8T conversions out there, so go find a good shell and let's see what you can do.  :cool:
Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: the_stink on 26 August 2010, 20:08
Have a read through Stinks old posts before starting ... http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=17028;sa=showPosts - should be an eye-opener!

Or jump into the MK2 dub section (or click my sig link), then you'll see how often our heaps fail :D
I think taking lessons from Stink's experience is definitely worthwhile.

I've run a Golf2 as a daily for a few years, but I don't now as I've got kids and we wanted something bigger and safer with things like ISOfix.

If you're practical and you don't have kids to drag about on a regular basis then I think they're still one of the finest motoring propositions available.

I think they improve with sensitive updating, too.

I do have reservations about nailing a 1.8T in the front of one however.  A lot of what the Golf2 is about is the fantastic, balanced handling that doesn't have the modern safety aids to get in the way.  If you load the front end too much you're going to substantially change the weight balance.  I would be concerned about damaging the driving experience.  However, there are plenty of 1.8T conversions out there, so go find a good shell and let's see what you can do.  :cool:

Yes please read through my posts honestly it takes alot of getting used to! And well I still am I do have my good days, thats normally when no lights are flashing or there are no weird noises! I do love my mkii but i Hate it at the best of times!

But well its going to get sorted eventually and when it does im sure it will be super!  :cool: but for now  :angry: :grin:
Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: Ben Lessani on 26 August 2010, 20:31
But well its going to get sorted eventually and when it does im sure it will be super!  :cool: but for now  :angry: :grin:

You keep that positive attitude because you'll bloody well need it
Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: the_stink on 26 August 2010, 20:38
But well its going to get sorted eventually and when it does im sure it will be super!  :cool: but for now  :angry: :grin:

You keep that positive attitude because you'll bloody well need it

true that! well got some motivation to finalyl spray my rear bumper and fit the standard tailgate which will happen over the next month plus gettign the new RA's on then its just getting it through the winter !
Title: Re: im converted !! i think
Post by: OakeyDoak16v on 29 August 2010, 03:40
Keep up the good work Stink.. :smiley: