GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk4 => Topic started by: the_stink on 20 August 2009, 10:18

Title: I need one of these in my life
Post by: the_stink on 20 August 2009, 10:18
best start saving

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/category/120/jbs-ts-380 (http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/category/120/jbs-ts-380)
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: topher on 20 August 2009, 10:49
have to say i was impressed with jbs's prices on their turbo kits once the new website was FINALLY live (about 14 months after they said it would be!)

i assume that 7k includes fitting - not bad at all for a drive-in drive-out bolt on kit.
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: Waffs1984 on 20 August 2009, 11:18
Waste of money IMO - £7 is almost the value of an older R32 now, and £18.5k for the biggest power kit is just stupid. I think its more one of these mods that people do "just because they can"

That said the infamous video of the turbo'd R32 on youtube is a classic and it would be great to have that sort of power!
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: Wayne on 20 August 2009, 11:38
Madness, £7k would buy another car.
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: the_stink on 20 August 2009, 11:40
thats the thing is it silly money for what it is sme of the guys on R32oc have the 440 kits!!! 10k but it is one of those things more a case i can have it so i will

im sure it would be silly fun though :)
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: A7 UFO on 20 August 2009, 11:50
what's wrong with spending £18.5k on creating a 650bhp car?  You name me another car that keeps you dry, air conditioned and sat in modern comfort whilst getting you to 60mph in 3.1secs for less than £35k.
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: AlanD on 20 August 2009, 11:56
what's wrong with spending £18.5k on creating a 650bhp car?  You name me another car that keeps you dry, air conditioned and sat in modern comfort whilst getting you to 60mph in 3.1secs for less than £35k.

Technically its more than 18.5k as thats just for the cost of the upgrade. Add (for augments sake) another 12k for a tidy MK4 R32 = £30,500.
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: Horney on 20 August 2009, 12:01
what's wrong with spending £18.5k on creating a 650bhp car?  You name me another car that keeps you dry, air conditioned and sat in modern comfort whilst getting you to 60mph in 3.1secs for less than £35k.

Technically its more than 18.5k as thats just for the cost of the upgrade. Add (for augments sake) another 12k for a tidy MK4 R32 = £30,500.

That's used 911 teritory BUT you can take your kids to school in a boosted R32. Probably if you were spending that much then you'd also want to look at RS4's and M5's but if you love your dubs then a boosted R32 is probably going to be your choice. The one real downside is resale value. A production car with that kind of pace and performance will have slower depreciation than a boosted R32.

Is it a waste of money? Maybe. Certainly better than spending loads on nasty bodykits and stupid ICE installs though.

nick
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: T_J_G on 20 August 2009, 12:13
Um Joe, sorry this site is for GTI owners. You're not allowed here.

 :lipsrsealed: :drool: :grin: :wink:
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: A7 UFO on 20 August 2009, 12:15
what's wrong with spending £18.5k on creating a 650bhp car?  You name me another car that keeps you dry, air conditioned and sat in modern comfort whilst getting you to 60mph in 3.1secs for less than £35k.

Technically its more than 18.5k as thats just for the cost of the upgrade. Add (for augments sake) another 12k for a tidy MK4 R32 = £30,500.
that's why I said "for less than £35k" as it allows for purchase price and chassis and brake upgrades.

If it were me, I'd lean towards modding an old S4/RS4.  Always easier to work with an engine that's already turbo'd.
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: bobbarley on 20 August 2009, 16:36
For that money I think I'd rather get a Nissan 350Z!
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: Rhyso on 20 August 2009, 16:38
For that money I think I'd rather get a Nissan 350Z!

yebut that has 'only' got 300odd bhp  :tongue:
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: bobbarley on 20 August 2009, 16:43
For that money I think I'd rather get a Nissan 350Z!

yebut that has 'only' got 300odd bhp  :tongue:

True, looks nicer though inside, and then once 300bhp gets too slow there's superchargers for that too  :evil:
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: AlanD on 20 August 2009, 16:49
350z's are for cvnts. My ex mrs is now with / broke up with me for a bloke who has one.

cvnts.
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: Rhyso on 20 August 2009, 16:54
350z's are for cvnts. My ex mrs is now with / broke up with me for a bloke who has one.

cvnts.

she actually broke up with you because he owned a 350z??  :huh: :shocked:
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: Horney on 20 August 2009, 16:54
Don't take it to heart Alan, I'd dump you for a 350Z as well.

nick
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: AlanD on 20 August 2009, 16:56
she actually broke up with you because he owned a 350z??  :huh: :shocked:

lol, no but thats far from the point. She broke up with me because shes a whore.
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: bobbarley on 20 August 2009, 17:00
she actually broke up with you because he owned a 350z??  :huh: :shocked:

lol, no but thats far from the point. She broke up with me because shes a whore.

So it has nothing to do with the car really then :)
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: AlanD on 20 August 2009, 17:00
Yeah, but he still has one, so that makes it a car for cvnts :D

Plus she goes on about it like its some sort of Ferrari  :rolleyes:
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: bobbarley on 20 August 2009, 17:09
Compared to a mk4 it is! :)
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: AlanD on 20 August 2009, 18:45
Lucky I dont have a MK4 then :D :D
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: tg1 on 20 August 2009, 19:00
harsh i wouldn't worry alan its not worth getting irate over a bird who gets all gooey over a nissan coupe with a renault engine.

35k and 3 seconds to sixty?

my moneys on a gsxr 1000 and life assurance - or if its a car, db7 v12, tvr sagaris and rac breakdown cover? cl65 biturbo
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: GOLF_STU on 20 August 2009, 22:51
harsh i wouldn't worry alan its not worth getting irate over a bird who gets all gooey over a nissan coupe with a renault engine.

35k and 3 seconds to sixty?

my moneys on a gsxr 1000 and life assurance - or if its a car, db7 v12, tvr sagaris and rac breakdown cover? cl65 biturbo

yeah tvr's are awesome but just dont rely on em to get you anywhere lol. my boss had one and it broke down on way home from pickin it up  :lipsrsealed:
Title: Re: I need one of these in my life
Post by: tg1 on 21 August 2009, 08:13
my uncle in law had a tuscan s for about 6 weeks. smelt like my rover after i blew the hg. lost over 5k on it.

fudge me it was fast, and the sound ooooh that was worth threatening his mrs with divorce and remortgaging the house for it  :cool:

got a xk8 now. swine.