Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2787369 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3450 on: 20 December 2015, 08:49 »
Just clicked on the link :laugh: :laugh:
Nice one :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3451 on: 20 December 2015, 18:11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #3452 on: 20 December 2015, 19:50 »
Parked so close to a wall I had to climb out the passenger door
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3453 on: 21 December 2015, 12:42 »
Wheels off today for a good clean, so much easier and quicker that way. Calipers given a good clean too. Then the rest of the car, rinse, snow foam, rinse, wash, rinse and dry. Just finished drying when the rain started but managed to get some QD over the bonnet to remove a few water marks as it had dried a little quicker than I could get round. Cleaned all the glass just before the rain got really heavy :cry:

At least it is good for a couple of weeks now. What is really odd though is being able to get out in late December to clean a car without freezing!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #3454 on: 21 December 2015, 17:40 »
Fitted new tyres at all corners. The OEM Conti sport 2's lasted 25,000 on the back and the Vred sessanta's 15,000 on the front.

Replaced with 4 x Vred Sessanta's - £290 fitted and car is feeling very planted in the wet today :smiley:

Offline GatsbyIII

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3455 on: 22 December 2015, 09:15 »
Last night I picked the pooch up from the kennels. She's been in for a weekend break. Today I will be cleaning the interior of my poor, poor, beautiful car  :cry: :cry: :cry:
Current: 2015 MK VII GTi Performance/Nav 3Dr Manual | Pearlescent Black | Dynaudio | Sunroof | Parking Pack | Keyless | Rear Privacy Glass 90%

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3456 on: 22 December 2015, 22:56 »
Took the GTD Christmas shopping expecting my favoured car park to be a bit busier than usual.

I was dreading it as I don't do car parks at the best of times :laugh:

On the level above drivers were following shoppers back to their cars!!!

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3457 on: 22 December 2015, 23:09 »
Took the GTD Christmas shopping expecting my favoured car park to be a bit busier than usual.

I was dreading it as I don't do car parks at the best of times :laugh:

On the level above drivers were following shoppers back to their cars!!!

If Carlsberg did car parks ^^^

I dream of car parks like this.  :laugh:

Ah, the joys of xmas parking. People turn into nutters.

I watched an amusing stand-off between 2 cars in the multi-storey last week. Both were determined to snatch the only available space as soon as the occupant was vacating it. Each one edging closer and closer, the poor driver barely had room to get his car out. And in the same car park yesterday, there was a bloke in a TT waiting for someone to free up a space, he stopped his car slap in the middle so no other drivers could get by on either side of him (I was behind him), and to make matters worse the woman giving up the space decided she had all the time in the world to unpack her zillions of shopping bags neatly in the boot. Grrr.

This is why I mainly shop online!
« Last Edit: 22 December 2015, 23:11 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3458 on: 22 December 2015, 23:26 »
Park and ride is the answer. Nice and big secure parking. Plenty of "OCD Special" spaces with CCTV, Buses every 10 mins and only £3.00 all day on your own or £3.50 for a car full. What's not to like  :smiley:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3459 on: 23 December 2015, 07:58 »
Christmas shop parking is all about getting there ridiculously early. When I leave the Metrocentre I whip the keys straight out and get stalked all the way back to the  car which is usually a fair walk away.  :evil:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.