Author Topic: Clean Sunday  (Read 7632 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Clean Sunday
« on: 20 December 2015, 16:17 »
After over a month without a wash car was pretty dirty. Today I finally managed to find some time to wash it and top up the protection.  Was a very dull and cloudy day - perfect for a spot of detailing.

Snow foamed twice
Rinsed with pressure washer
Washed wheels
Iron X wheels
Rinsed
2 bucket wash
Dry
Waxed - DoDo Juice Blue Velvet Pro
Wheels - sealed with C2V3
Tailpipes polished
Tyres dressed
Glass cleaned

Car started off like this:

First up - prepared the wheels with a good spray of Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner.

Then gave the car a double dose of Valet Pro Advanced Snow Foam – did it twice as the car was so dirty to get as much muck off as possible without touching it.

The double snow foam got a fair amount of dirt of and looked like this after just jet washing the foam off.

Washed the wheels thoroughly.  Followed with Iron X on the wheels to remove brake dust and to take wheels back to bare, in preparation for some Gtechniq C2V3 later.

Rinsed thoroughly and then did 2 bucket wash, rinse and dried whole car.

Car all ready for some protection.

Applied the wax, and buffed off.  In between waxing/buffing the panels, I applied 2 coats of C2V3 to the wheels.

Wax

Finished off with some metal polish on the tailpipes and tyre dressing and a clean of the glass.

3 hours later ended up looking like this.  No doubt will be short-lived but glad its done.  Time for a cuppa now……

« Last Edit: 22 December 2015, 11:08 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline jord91

• Not said much yet
Re: Clean Sunday
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2015, 17:23 »
glad to see the shine back ! i did my gti 3 hours of cleaning this morning ! only for it to rain this afternoon  :sick:

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2015, 18:56 »
Exactly what I said before, you're back to putting us all to shame again! Looking fantastic

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 20 December 2015, 19:27 »
glad to see the shine back ! i did my gti 3 hours of cleaning this morning ! only for it to rain this afternoon  :sick:

Such a pain with the rain!  Still I bet you're glad you've done it anyway.  :smiley:

It was drizzling when I embarked on mine but stopped and rain held off.  But the clouds looked very menacing and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get the wax on it.  Luck was on my side today.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 20 December 2015, 19:30 »
Exactly what I said before, you're back to putting us all to shame again! Looking fantastic

Cheers Dan.  :smiley:

Took 3 hours all in but spent ages cleaning the bloody Pretorias!!!  They are not difficult to clean but fiddly and never known a wheel to show dirt the way they do. :shocked:  I took it 100 metres down the road to clear the rust off the brake discs (hate rusty discs) and they picked up so much dirt in that short distance, had to wipe them down again before getting the camera out.  :angry: :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: 20 December 2015, 19:59 »
Stunning, youve even impressed Bev and when talking about cars that is an amazing feet!

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 20 December 2015, 21:36 »
At last !!
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 20 December 2015, 22:01 »

At last !!

Flipping heck!  Anyone would think it had been 6 months not just 4 weeks.  :tongue:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Greerso

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 20 December 2015, 23:36 »
Smashing - good result for 3 hours work  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 21 December 2015, 00:09 »
Stunning, youve even impressed Bev and when talking about cars that is an amazing feet!

Haha!  For a minute I read that as Bev has amazing feet  :laugh:  Chhers Neil

WoWo gear was out in force today.  :cool:  I took the precaution of using 2 WoWo lambswool wash mitts today which I don't usually do.  One for the upper sections and another for the dirtier lower sections, to minimise risk of swirling, just because the car was so dirty and gritty.  Also WoWo drying towels, microfibres, glass cloth and wheel mitt.  All performed perfectly. 👍
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual