Author Topic: Adrian's mk4 golf 1.8t  (Read 14314 times)

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
Re: Adrian's mk4 golf 1.8t
« Reply #20 on: 04 January 2014, 17:42 »
Today I fitted a new coolant temperature sensor (the green one to replace black) and also topped up power steering fluid because it was dry basically. Both simple things have made a noticeable difference.

Makes me more excited to fit my Spax stuff tomorrow. Gone for 35mm springs and the psx adjustable dampers.

I'm also cracking on with refurbing my audi wheels pretty well.

Some point in the week I'll be putting some pennies towards a milltek exhaust and 4motion rear valance, fitting that on the next dry day after getting it.

Last job, before end of the month is a remap.

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 05 January 2014, 15:44 »
Good work mate, i've just done temp sensor on mine and now i'm onto thermostat change as I keep seeing my temp drop from 90 so keep an eye out for that. Which end of Sheff you at?

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 05 January 2014, 18:46 »
Hi mate, in around hackenthorpe/birley/beighton area. Assuming you're from around here too?

Today's work consisted of putting my new Spax suspension on. Unfortunately, because of it raining and a buyer coming for some wheels that I had on my old car, I didn't get finished and only managed to get the fronts done. Looks like it's a decent amount lower! Will be cracking on with the rears tomorrow and getting it tracked. Early start it is.

Will post pics up of before and afters when there is something to take a picture of.

Also got busy last night and got some of the centre caps for my audi wheels smooth and free of lacquer peel. Got to say I love having a long break off uni.

Thanks, adrian.

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 05 January 2014, 19:03 »
It must be other side of Sheffield that then as i'm not familiar with them bits, i'm in Barnsley so nearer Chapletown, Greenoside etc and my missus lived in Sheff whilst at uni.

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 05 January 2014, 19:35 »
Yeah I rode them woods quite a bit at greno on push bike. Complete other side of Sheffield though. You go to any of the lowdownvw meets it retro rides?

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 05 January 2014, 21:13 »
No mate never been to a car meet, live about a mile away from old post office as well where they have a lot of meets.

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 06 January 2014, 18:17 »
Successfully finished lowering the car today. Took me no time at all at a steady pace to do the rears.

The Spax psx dampers and 35mm springs have completely changed how the car drives, sort of reminds me of driving my polo.. Just way better. Properly fallen in love with my golf now.

The ride is firmer, even bough I have set the dampers to their softest setting. This possibly could bed in and get softer? Will keep you all updated. As for the amount of drop, I'm satisfied. Just as a gauge, I can get two fingers in the arch gap with standard size gti wheels and tyres. The arch gap is even front and back which is what I was concerned about when buying springs and dampers. I know his will probably settle a little more, but again, will keep you updated.

Will get before and after pics ASAP.
Thanks, Adrian.

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 09 January 2014, 22:30 »
Picked up some milltek stuff today.. Whups :S in need of a 4mo valance at some point.

Also need to get them before and after shots of the car since lowering. I can however say that the suspension feels as though it's getting softer, as it started out a little firm.

Next stop, remap.

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
« Reply #28 on: 09 January 2014, 23:09 »
Awesome dude :)
Need to see it again now it's lowered!
Pick up a 4mo valance easy enough!
Keep it up  :smiley:

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 11 January 2014, 23:49 »
really struggling with the remote central locking. I need to synchronise the key, basically the buttons don't do anything although they light up the red light. I have replaced the batteries on both keys but still nothing. I have also tried many different methods after reading endless tutorials and the actual owners manual to try and sync the keys with no joy. Has anybody actually done this themselves and could help me out?