Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166455 times)

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1610 on: 04 November 2013, 23:35 »
Just read that so hope they get it sorted soon ,mine was built second week of Oct, still awaiting del. so not sure if its in, have you notified your dealer and does he know anything about it, mine seemed to be playing dumb !
Theyve lodged the issue with VW cust services - details here - http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=259384.msg2400052#new
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #1611 on: 07 November 2013, 08:17 »
Picked up my GTD yesterday  :grin:

Enjoyed an awesome 220 mile ride home.  Stopped at a few service stations on the way to give the car a bit of variety of revs during the journey.

Initial thoughts:

- Adaptive cruise control is great
- E Handbrake takes a lot of getting used to (still reaching for it)
- Night illuminations look the mutts
- CSG needs to be seen in the flesh - pictures do not do the colour justice
- 51mpg according to trip computer; my outgoing 2007 focus 2.0 TDI never ever got above 45/46 so a promising start

A couple of niggles:
- No USB port - my phone ran out of charge.  Need to get an adapter but seriously most cars have a port these days dont they?
- Album art quality on the standard media player is not good.  I dont mind the lower resolution on text / graphics or any other part of the system.  The art just looks washed out for some reason.

In summary - All round awesome and well worth the wait - can't see anyone being disappointed when they (eventually) get to pick up their motors!
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline LJS7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1612 on: 07 November 2013, 09:49 »
Very nice dippy.
MK7 GTI | 3dr | Pure White

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1613 on: 07 November 2013, 10:31 »
Looks fantastic dippy! Congrats pal  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1614 on: 07 November 2013, 12:36 »
Picked up my GTD yesterday  :grin:

Enjoyed an awesome 220 mile ride home.  Stopped at a few service stations on the way to give the car a bit of variety of revs during the journey.

Initial thoughts:

- Adaptive cruise control is great
- E Handbrake takes a lot of getting used to (still reaching for it)
- Night illuminations look the mutts
- CSG needs to be seen in the flesh - pictures do not do the colour justice
- 51mpg according to trip computer; my outgoing 2007 focus 2.0 TDI never ever got above 45/46 so a promising start

A couple of niggles:
- No USB port - my phone ran out of charge.  Need to get an adapter but seriously most cars have a port these days dont they?
- Album art quality on the standard media player is not good.  I dont mind the lower resolution on text / graphics or any other part of the system.  The art just looks washed out for some reason.

In summary - All round awesome and well worth the wait - can't see anyone being disappointed when they (eventually) get to pick up their motors!

Wow thats nice! There should be a USB adapter that you can plug a cable into for the MDI, should charge it.
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #1615 on: 07 November 2013, 13:08 »
Thanks Guys  :smiley:

Just to confirm - is there a USB port just for charging purposes?  The compartment by the gearstick has the old 40 pin iPhone cable.  There is nothing in the armrest.  There is a 12v cigarette lighter in the central console but I didnt have an adaptor for my lightning cable.
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #1616 on: 07 November 2013, 13:10 »
Thanks Guys  :smiley:

Just to confirm - is there a USB port just for charging purposes?  The compartment by the gearstick has the old 40 pin iPhone cable.  There is nothing in the armrest.  There is a 12v cigarette lighter in the central console but I didnt have an adaptor for my lightning cable.

You only get USB connections in the armrest and behind gearstick with adv phone prep. The one in the armrest is for charging only. The one behind the gearstick is the one with all the problems - should be able to support ipod playback but VW UK messed up and are looking into a solution for existing customers (fixed from around now on).

You can get a MDi->USB cable which means you can charge/use compatible USB devices from the MDI socket
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #1617 on: 07 November 2013, 13:15 »
aah ok.

I dont have the advanced phone prep kit - so that explains that!

The MDi cable/socket is the one in front of the gear stick?

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #1618 on: 07 November 2013, 13:28 »
aah ok.

I dont have the advanced phone prep kit - so that explains that!

The MDi cable/socket is the one in front of the gear stick?
yep

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #1619 on: 07 November 2013, 13:35 »
cool - I think Ill just hold off for the MDi lightning cable.  Think its starting to ship with BW45 cars so should be able to pick it up in ebay soon.