Author Topic: Gti Reviews  (Read 50032 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Gti Reviews
« Reply #90 on: 27 September 2020, 15:56 »
Sounds like VAG have gone the BMW route.... they use the stereo and not a rattling tin can on the windscreen.

:grin:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #92 on: 28 September 2020, 17:33 »
Autocar review

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volkswagen/first-drives/volkswagen-golf-gti-2020-uk-review

Suggestion there that this is....dare I say it..... not like a Golf.... for better or worse.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 28 September 2020, 17:36 »
Autocar review

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volkswagen/first-drives/volkswagen-golf-gti-2020-uk-review

Suggestion there that this is....dare I say it..... not like a Golf.... for better or worse.

Yeah, agreed. But at least they tell you how it drives rather than just blathering on about touchscreens for ages   :lipsrsealed:
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #94 on: 28 September 2020, 17:42 »
Autocar review

Yeah, agreed. But at least they tell you how it drives rather than just blathering on about touchscreens for ages   :lipsrsealed:

Yup! I guess finally people are able to drive it for themselves, whereas before.... all they could do was push the buttons  :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Ulysses31

• Not said much yet
« Reply #95 on: 28 September 2020, 21:39 »
Here is a new review of the Mk 8 GTI from Top Gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmL_QbUwvsg.

Interesting.... i think thats a bit more of a real review actually.

That kings red does look a bit brown in that video tho lol

No way is that red. At best it's burnt orange and at worst it's brown. And it's just so damn ugly!
White Golf GTI Mk7.5

Offline Mag_Pie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #96 on: 29 September 2020, 09:53 »
Mrs G might well discover a 128ti on the drive soon...

I'd love to hear about this journey as it sounds really interesting, it's going to be auto only though from what I've found???

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #97 on: 29 September 2020, 10:26 »
I obviously haven't driven a mk8 GTi, but I don't quite understand what they are getting at in the autocar review?

If VW hadn't moved the game on in the performance stakes, questions would be asked...... I get the impression the car has more configuration than ever, especially with DCC optioned. On that basis you can probably find the car you want in there somewhere?

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #98 on: 29 September 2020, 11:05 »
Unfortunately DCC is a £785 option, so unless you pay for it you have to make do with the drive mode selector and tweaking tyre pressures.

On that basis it may be more advisable than ever to have a proper test drive if you're speccing 19 inch alloys, especially without DCC.
« Last Edit: 29 September 2020, 11:25 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #99 on: 29 September 2020, 11:18 »
One consideration is that apart from everyone on here, a lot of people have no clue! 
If they order a car through a cheap finance deal, they will have the car as it comes. I would assume most people buy 19"s for the looks and may not bother with the additional cost of Dcc, especially if it adds to the monthly payments and takes it out of the special deals that will inevitably be on offer, once orders for those that must have the new and shiny have faded.