Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287560 times)

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2580 on: 29 July 2011, 13:13 »
F**K Sky, they won't be getting ANY of my money.

BBC FTW.

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #2581 on: 29 July 2011, 13:19 »
I am tearing about the news. Sky sports cost a f**king bomb! The worst thing BBC have done. There will be sh!tty timing clocks all over the place, awful commentators, Even worse pit walks I bet, oh and sh!t loads of adverts. Raging.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2582 on: 29 July 2011, 13:29 »
I hate Sky and they will make the F1 coverage awful.

With really sh!t pundits, plugs all the time for SkyBet, over the top graphics.

The BBC Sport team had done a amazing job with F1 and hit the right balance of keeping the hardcore F1 fans happy without alienating the casual viewer.

I think this will not be the last we hear of it though. The teams are not happy at all, as they were not told about it.

The viewing figures will play a part, average of 5/6 million watch on BBC while on average you get about 1/2 million who watch the Premiership games on Sky, so F1 races will only average around 1 million on Sky. The sponsors will not be happy at losing out on 4/5 millions viewers.

The BBC can forget about their licence fee next year though. They put sh!t like Eastenders, all the dance reality shows on , find me a f**king Dorothy , 100s of cooking shows, sh!t sports like Golf, but then get rid of one of their rating winnings.

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #2583 on: 29 July 2011, 14:33 »
The director of sport for the BBC is a women...you think that has anything to do with it?

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #2584 on: 29 July 2011, 15:09 »
Really not happy about this, I have Sky but I think its a sport that should be on free to air TV.  I know the coverage will not be as good on sky.  Take the football coverage on sky, its over analysed and there is no fun to their coverage.  BBC have a great balance between fun and informative pieces in their current coverage of F1.  Very annoyed its going to be like ITV all over again.
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #2585 on: 29 July 2011, 15:28 »
According to the internet, SKY will not be running adverts during the race. Martin Brundle says on Twitter that he only found out last night. He is out of contract at that time and is "not impressed" about the whole thing.

The Team owners want "clarification", but the feeling is that if the drop in audiance numbers is replaced by them getting more money from Sky, they won't care.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #2586 on: 29 July 2011, 15:43 »
According to the internet, SKY will not be running adverts during the race. Martin Brundle says on Twitter that he only found out last night. He is out of contract at that time and is "not impressed" about the whole thing.

The Team owners want "clarification", but the feeling is that if the drop in audiance numbers is replaced by them getting more money from Sky, they won't care.

I bet the BBC pundits will go over to the dark side  :wink:

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline golf newbie

• Here all the time
« Reply #2587 on: 29 July 2011, 18:16 »
Over two hours on a sky channel with no adverts..Yeah right....... :rolleyes:

Offline bricey

• I live here
  • One of a few with a PROPER engine
« Reply #2588 on: 29 July 2011, 18:27 »
fuming!
i have sky but i refuse to pay sky sports price, :sick:
gready,fecking,pikey stuck up cu*ts :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
DOLPHIN TRAINER

Offline fozziie

• Here all the time
  • psn: fozziie
« Reply #2589 on: 29 July 2011, 18:38 »
even though i have the full sky package...this is bloody stupid.

though i dont think theres a need for all the concern over stupidly placed graphics etc etc during a race on the basis that its bernie eccleston's company that provides the feeds to the tv companies...what you see on screen during the race on BBC is what everyone see's on other channels in other countries. but still...bet your last penny that the presenting team and the commentators are going to be gash!

So...who do you all think sky will hire for commentary?

I dont see how sky are possibly going to do a good job of this, and how long before the races arent even shown live because theres an important football match being shown on every sky sports channel?
I reckon sky will keep it on the main sports channel for a season, then throw it onto some sort of pay-per-view channel so it doesnt interfere with the football.
Even ESPN woulda been a better choice.