Author Topic: Mmm, thought i'd try something different today......  (Read 18257 times)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: Mmm, thought i'd try something different today......
« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2010, 21:14 »
18x8 Tallydoodah reps, £300 fitted. They are actually lighter than the Monzas.  The only issue is offset/rim width as they stick out a bit at the front.
what offset are they? And where did you buy them!!!, im thinking those instead of BBS VZ's!

Nice wheels. Only £300 for fitting and wheels? Am I wrong?
But sorry Gossa, I prefer my Mona Lisas to your Tallyhoos. But this is my taste.
My favourite are the 19 inchers of Neil and Ess.
Congratulations anyway. :smiley:
« Last Edit: 25 May 2010, 21:16 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 26 May 2010, 05:34 »
18x8 Tallydoodah reps, £300 fitted. They are actually lighter than the Monzas.  The only issue is offset/rim width as they stick out a bit at the front.
what offset are they? And where did you buy them!!!, im thinking those instead of BBS VZ's!

42's and got them of a company in Lymington called Reevawheels, they have an ebay shop which is how I found them. The front's do stick out further than I would like though so these will probably stay on until the Monza's are refurbed. I am warming to them though, powdercoated black would be nice!

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 26 May 2010, 05:36 »

But sorry Gossa, I prefer my Mona Lisas to your Tallyhoos. But this is my taste.

No that's right, £300 all in. I too prefer the Monzas and as said in that post there ^, I will be putting them back on after a refurb and a new set of Sessanta boots....

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #13 on: 26 May 2010, 07:22 »
look very smart Gossa, better than the monza's mate :cool:

Well duh :grin:

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 26 May 2010, 07:38 »

No that's right, £300 all in. I too prefer the Monzas and as said in that post there ^, I will be putting them back on after a refurb and a new set of Sessanta boots....

Lymington!!,15 miles just down the road from me :smiley:

Im thinking Black versions would go well with our tornado's :smiley:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 26 May 2010, 07:48 »
Bloody hell. That's the deal of the centuary. Amazing value. Fantastic find. Wow.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 26 May 2010, 08:23 »

Lymington!!,15 miles just down the road from me :smiley:

Im thinking Black versions would go well with our tornado's :smiley:

I got a mate that will paint them for about £40 a wheel or I can get them powdercoated cheaper but the finish aint as good.

And £300 is about right for chinese reps in 18, they have got 19's as well for £400.

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #17 on: 26 May 2010, 08:45 »
£300 is about right for chinese reps in 18, they have got 19's as well for £400.

You, sir, are a braver man than I.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #18 on: 26 May 2010, 09:13 »
Looks good  :cool:

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2010, 11:00 »
Yes... I really like the look of those on your car.  :smiley: Powder coated black would be better as discussed above. Great wheels for the winter or while the monza's are being refurbed.

I've just had a look on their ebay site and I'm seriously considering a set of those on mine.

Could I be cheeky and ask that you post a pic of the fronts, so I can see the possible offset problem......? or PM me a pic?

Thanks v much

MAW73

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto