Author Topic: Just bought......A 3" system! ***fitted***  (Read 33699 times)

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
Re: Just bought......A 3" system! ***fitted***
« Reply #80 on: 06 August 2012, 21:05 »
Looks interesting! A genuine 3'' system for proper cheap!

are the boxes 100% straight through? or are they baffled?

I once bought a '2.5 inch' system, and had to cut it up to modify, and found that whilst the pipes and inlets to the boxes were 2.5, the run through the box was only 2''! Complete joke.

if these are a genuine straight through system I might be tempted to try one!

Yes they are  :cool:

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline Prawny

• Here all the time
  • R-tech power!!!
« Reply #81 on: 06 August 2012, 21:09 »
I've PM'd them asking for a catback only price. ko3S DP is of no use to me at all!

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #82 on: 06 August 2012, 21:14 »
Car all fixed up now nick?! 140mph crash didnt look fun  :undecided:

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline Prawny

• Here all the time
  • R-tech power!!!
« Reply #83 on: 06 August 2012, 21:30 »
it's getting there mate, mechanically back to health, but the bodywork is still shot.

Offline mar_k

• I live here
« Reply #84 on: 08 August 2012, 20:08 »
Can I ask what you did with the rear lamda, We found the only way to fit the decat pipe was to have the lamda pointing slightly downwards.
That seems to be the only way it clears the car, Just alittle worried about knocking it on a speed bump now.

Offline rio_gti

• I live here
  • "i'm not spending any money on it" Got a Hybrid!
« Reply #85 on: 08 August 2012, 21:22 »
Can I ask what you did with the rear lamda, We found the only way to fit the decat pipe was to have the lamda pointing slightly downwards.
That seems to be the only way it clears the car, Just alittle worried about knocking it on a speed bump now.

i have noticed this with mine...... lucky i havent lowered mine yet but i think i may get it mapped out and plug it

this is always an option

2000 GTI 1.8t ARZ, S2000 filter, DSG intake, Forge 007 dv, Catch can, R-tech custom remap, 3" Supersize Silicone TIP, Powerflex dog bone, 'The Beast' FMIC, Ultimate delete, LCR fuel pump, 3" Turbo back, K03 hybrid, Ported Manifold, S3 injectors, 80mm maf = 280bhp 270lbft :evil:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #86 on: 08 August 2012, 23:08 »
Car all fixed up now nick?! 140mph crash didnt look fun  :undecided:

140mph?! Very lucky to be alive, I'm assuming it was on a track?

Looks interesting! A genuine 3'' system for proper cheap!

are the boxes 100% straight through? or are they baffled?

I once bought a '2.5 inch' system, and had to cut it up to modify, and found that whilst the pipes and inlets to the boxes were 2.5, the run through the box was only 2''! Complete joke.

if these are a genuine straight through system I might be tempted to try one!

Yeah, it's a genuine system. I'm running one, and for the money it is fantastic :wink:

Offline Prawny

• Here all the time
  • R-tech power!!!
« Reply #87 on: 09 August 2012, 08:40 »

Lucky is one word for it! Watch from around 1:40 onwards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaC8ihrJq_s

How do these systems sound? is it a fairly deep noise?

One thing I noticed when comparing a cheap system to something like a milltek, is that the cheap systems never sound quite as deep, and are always a bit tinny, presumably due to using thinner materials?

Also, the inward rolled lip on the tailpipe looks a bit counter productive to me, anyone else got any pics of them fitted? I'd be very tempted to get one, then fit a different tailpipe, seeing as it slots on!

Offline mar_k

• I live here
« Reply #88 on: 09 August 2012, 09:42 »
Its not tinny at all, rather deep!
They sound really nice. they are very good quality and the system is as thick as name brand exhaustx

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #89 on: 09 August 2012, 09:48 »

Lucky is one word for it! Watch from around 1:40 onwards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaC8ihrJq_s

How do these systems sound? is it a fairly deep noise?

One thing I noticed when comparing a cheap system to something like a milltek, is that the cheap systems never sound quite as deep, and are always a bit tinny, presumably due to using thinner materials?

Also, the inward rolled lip on the tailpipe looks a bit counter productive to me, anyone else got any pics of them fitted? I'd be very tempted to get one, then fit a different tailpipe, seeing as it slots on!

Woah, seriously lucky there! I love how after such a big off your first thought is still getting off the track and out of the way of any further harm :afro:

There are too many youtube vids of people binning it, parking up & then having a chat leaning against the car.

With regards to the exhaust it's quite deep and boomy at low revs & on the overrun, with a bit of a rasp higher up the rev range. I can get a picture of mine fitted but I wanted mine to be discreet, so chopped the tail pipe off and had a section of ally welded on instead.

I can also get a video to try and show how it sounds, not sure how well my phone will pick it up though :undecided: