Author Topic: Adrian's mk4 golf 1.8t  (Read 14308 times)

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
Re: Adrian's mk4 golf 1.8t
« Reply #10 on: 10 November 2013, 20:19 »
aye i was thinking that.. if im going to do it, might aswell do it proper  :cool: thanks for the shout!

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 10 November 2013, 21:32 »
Milltek is what you want for the exhaust :wink:

sorry to rip this out of the forum but i have just seen this image of your car in a thread about lowering springs ( http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=232933.0 ) and was wondering how low this was and how you lowered it at this point? Basically i'm not wanting to go as low as I have in the past because I dont want to ruin the bottom of this car.

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
« Reply #12 on: 11 November 2013, 08:41 »
You want 225/45 not 215 dude  :smiley:
As for exhaust the resonated miltek would be the one to go for it's just it's a little expensive  :undecided:
Jetex are also known as a decent "quiet" zaust

Wheels look good you running them through the winter or sticking standard for now?

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 13 November 2013, 09:48 »
I was going to get an 8" wide rim but now realise it's 215 for 7.5, cheers dude! As for running them, I don't really intend in putting them on until I've sorted a little bit of low. I can get some Spax psx adjustable dampers and springs from work for 300 and don't want to go coilovers because I don't really want to go 'low', just close the arch gap a little.

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 19 November 2013, 14:13 »
had these about a week now but thought i would just share them with you, they were a bit curbed and were suffering a little lacquer peel when i got them, after a good session on one, its nearly done.. just needs a little more attention to get it perfect.

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 25 December 2013, 17:45 »
Not been doing a great deal but got a k&n panel filter off my brother so fitted that today. Getting it all ready for a remap. Next is milltek cat back. Where's best place to get one from?

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
« Reply #16 on: 25 December 2013, 17:47 »
Make sure you get a stainless downpipe as well dude.
Standard downpipe is the most restrictive part of the exhaust!

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 31 December 2013, 00:37 »
My brother told me to consider getting a down pipe, will it work with standard cat too?

Another note, after weighing up my options for quite a while now, I've finally bit the bullet and ordered some Spax PSX springs and dampers. Christmas came early would be the wrong phrase I suppose.. I know this is where I might be getting questioned as to why I didn't just buy some cheapo coilovers? Haha!

I've been down the slammed car route before and if I got coilovers I'd just end up slamming this car and ruining the bottom of it. Said to myself that 40mm and good handling is what I was aiming for so decided to go for the Spax kit as my brother had it on his mk2 golf for 4 years and is still running it now.

So next plans?
Get tyres on 17's for good season and finish polishing the new wheels.
Miltek exhaust and possibly a down pipe too.
Turbo intake pipe.
Remap.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #18 on: 31 December 2013, 11:46 »
Only just checked back in on this, in the pic above I was on coils, down about 50-60mm I think.

I found that dubmeister was the cheapest place for millteks when I bought mine. EBay downpours are fine, I'm running a 3" one with decat but they also come with sports cats which should get you through an mot.

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
« Reply #19 on: 31 December 2013, 12:16 »
Look forward to seeing it lowered dude
I would defiantly make sure you get a downpipe! it will make more of a difference then having a cat back as the downpipe is the most restrictive part!
« Last Edit: 04 January 2014, 17:44 by golfyste »