Author Topic: Adrian's mk4 golf 1.8t  (Read 14310 times)

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
Adrian's mk4 golf 1.8t
« on: 02 November 2013, 21:44 »
I have already introduced myself in the newbie section and after looking around here and buying my golf, I have decided to start a thread for my car as I have a few plans for it.

I will introduce myself again just incase; my name is Adrian, i'm 22 and from Sheffield. I previously owned a 1.4 VW polo 6n which I did the usual slammed on deep dish wheels. Before that I had an '89 Mini which was slammed on some 13x7 ultralites with an endless list of mods. I am also into my push bikes, mainly skatepark riding/street/dirtjumps/4x/anything I can jump :laugh:

Anyway, excuse the phone pics/screen shots of it.

After a couple of days, and the novelty of turbos, the standard recirc valve broke and was making a fluttering noise when I let off the throttle, so I replaced it with a new one which has sorted this problem out (Part no: 06A145710N) although pictured valve below is the old one after I fitted the new one. I found this to be a 10 minute job after getting my stuff out and packing away.

I have also got a clunking when setting off and sometimes over continuous small bumps at lower speeds, not when i go over big bumps as such. I'm thinking that this could be the dogbone mount? I didnt get time to check this today so first thing tomorrow Im going to properly inspect.
Thanks, Adrian.

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
Re: Adrian's mk4 golf 1.8t
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2013, 21:47 »
just realised, have I posted this in the wrong place? Can a mod move it to the correct place please if i have? sorry about that!
« Last Edit: 02 November 2013, 21:49 by caravanking »

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2013, 22:45 »
Don't forget to state it only has 35k on the clock!! Haha
Car is mint dude and looking forward to see how it turns out!
I'm sure I will be lending a hand every now and then  :cool:

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline mark-mk3gti

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 04 November 2013, 11:28 »
35k  :shocked:  good buy!  :smiley:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #4 on: 04 November 2013, 18:16 »
Another one from Sheff! Where abouts?

Looks mega tidy :cool:

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
« Reply #5 on: 04 November 2013, 20:14 »
Same end as me dude  :cool:

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 04 November 2013, 20:17 »
at first when I saw 35k 3  posts up I thought that was the price paid :grin:

look good dude. and good find on the low milage!

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 06 November 2013, 23:43 »
Don't forget to state it only has 35k on the clock!! Haha
Car is mint dude and looking forward to see how it turns out!
I'm sure I will be lending a hand every now and then  :cool:

aye, still owe you one! thanks for the hand the other day, driving mint now done 200 miles in the week haha!

Cheers guys, seems as though my hardest decision is picking wheels atm! Im not wanting to lower it a great deal, seems like a shame to drop it into the floor and ruin the bottom on such a nice car. Im thinking about just closing the arch gap up a little bit, say 30mm or so.. if that. with that in mind ive decided to go with a set of 17's ( i think ) with a tyre size like a 225/45/17, does that sound about right?

also fixed a mysterious clunking noise which was baffling me, had dogbone mount off and that was fine, gave everything a general tighten and shake bla bla and found that the mount on the exhaust had snapped on the welds. one quick jubilee clip later and its sorted for now. It is the backbox one and isnt going anywhere, but planning on getting some kind of subtle stainless exhaust at some point so not phased.  :cool:

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 10 November 2013, 19:43 »
bought some audi TT comp wheels today (will get pics) with basically brand new 225/40/17 ( tyres will probably be for sale soon).. however I want some 215/45/17 just to make the rolling diameter basically the same as my standard 205/55/16.
The wheels have a little bit of rashing on them so i'm going to get them basically mint (or close as possible) over the winter.
when nice season comes i'll hopefully get myself a set of weitec coilovers and then get myself to r-tech for some kind of power increase.
I'll also be looking at some kind of stainless exhaust system, I dont want anything loud at all, infact as quiet as possible really but just to make it a little more raspy that standard. what are people running?
Thanks, Adrian.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #9 on: 10 November 2013, 20:07 »
Milltek is what you want for the exhaust :wink: