Author Topic: What have you done to your Golf today?  (Read 601256 times)

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Golf today?
« Reply #5430 on: 25 March 2012, 16:01 »
done this

Offline Screech16v

• I live here
  • MK3 20vt AGU
« Reply #5431 on: 25 March 2012, 18:26 »
Washed it then used a claybar,never used one before and fooking hell  :shocked:.Shiney as,makes all the dents and rust burgers stand out though  :rolleyes:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #5432 on: 25 March 2012, 18:30 »
checked it over oile, water lights etc

started it

turned it off,

only 6 days to go til I can actually tax it and take it for a drive to make sure it actually goes  :lipsrsealed:

jockgti

« Reply #5433 on: 25 March 2012, 19:03 »
cleaned interior and fixed the bracket holding my catch can as it snapped last night leaving the can flying about very close to the rad fan  :laugh:
also rerouted some vac pipes after installing the boost gauge last week

Offline stfc_gti

• I live here
« Reply #5434 on: 26 March 2012, 11:22 »
stfc_gti : Has somebody smeared sh!t around the edges of your new headunit?

Can someone point me in the direction of the vinly wrap 'how to' ive seen it but cant find it now.
2002 1.8T GTI AUM, Standard (not for much longer)

Offline stfc_gti

• I live here
« Reply #5435 on: 26 March 2012, 11:25 »

Can someone point me in the direction of the vinly wrap 'how to' ive seen it but cant find it now.
What im really after is a bit of guidance on removing the trips in order to do the wrapping, i know i'll end up snapping bits.
2002 1.8T GTI AUM, Standard (not for much longer)

Offline brett

• I live here
« Reply #5436 on: 26 March 2012, 11:42 »
nothing sat on the drive lol,but did manage to sort out my insurance renewal over the weekend ,pretty chuffed tesco came out with decent offer and you get a discount with clubcard ,happy days  :wink:,brett

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #5437 on: 26 March 2012, 12:50 »

didnt know there was a how too, but have a look on youtube theres loads of vids, its easy tbh and cant see why youde need one.

get a heat gun out heat it up put it on and smooth it out, if it doesent go on properly pull it off a little put the heat gun on and it will un streach, and re-try. then make sure at the end you really heat it up, needs to be heated to 80 deg so tht it sets and wownt shring over time.

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
« Reply #5438 on: 26 March 2012, 13:03 »
Half way through fittin my k04-001, got the old one off and stopped for a bit of grub  :grin:

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline wessexgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5439 on: 27 March 2012, 13:42 »
finaly got my downpipe/cat changed,as it was blowing for ages.got a old one off here,but that was worse,so got my friendly garage to get a good,aftermarket one.£260 with a life time gaurantee is way cheaper than the genuine vw part from the stealers (£530!!) with only a years gaurantee.

problem was,i had to leave the original downpipe with the garage, as the aftermarket part has a surcharge of £40 on it,which the garage pays up front,and they get it back when they hand over the old part ffs. :undecided:

so i sold the other downpipe (that id got off here) at the local scrappys for £15

car feels and sounds better-but skint,as my road tax is due next month.happy days  :angry: