Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287204 times)

adamrob69

Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1360 on: 26 July 2010, 12:05 »
they should be charged with 'bringing the sport into disrepute'

The problem is its going to be very hard to prove it in a court hearing.

They have the data that massa was only half throttle for 1.5 seconds so they know massa let him through, but they carnt prove why. Yes its very obvious, but unless the cameras have picked up anything of there discussions on the pit wall there is no black and white evidence that the team told massa to let him pass.
 The ferrari lawyers would have a field day.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1361 on: 26 July 2010, 12:22 »
i suppose it depends how the fia courts work. if they need black and white evidence then ferrari will get away with it, if there is a jury then it will probably go against them

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #1362 on: 26 July 2010, 12:45 »
erm the whole point is that it was a black and white team order.  Maclaren went down the "fuel shortage" route with their orders but, don't forget, Button and Hamilton still overtook each other competitively (albeit for just 1/3 of the lap).

Magnanimous = noble in mind; high-souled; esp., generous in overlooking injury or insult; rising above pettiness or meanness

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1363 on: 26 July 2010, 13:04 »
technically, ferrari didn't say 'massa, slow down and let alonso pass' but i agree it was blatant and everyone knows what they meant

adamrob69

« Reply #1364 on: 26 July 2010, 13:41 »
yes, there is a difference. it was blatant, but it was not black and white.

like I said, the issue is going to be explaining how you think they meant one thing when they actually said another.

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #1365 on: 26 July 2010, 14:11 »
it wasn't just the instruction and the action, it was also the comment upon the race finishing re 'magnanimous'.

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #1366 on: 26 July 2010, 14:27 »
I think it's better to accept ferrari's got the pace now and spainard was just untouchable. Like said earlier, every team does team orders one way or another and because it's Ferrari this time and alonso(who is the most hated driver on this forum) everyone is moaning.
« Last Edit: 26 July 2010, 14:30 by Devilz »

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #1367 on: 26 July 2010, 14:31 »
I think it's better to accept ferrari's got the pace now and spainard was just untouchable

^^^  :huh:

They had to ask Massa to move over and at the point in the race, Massa was quicker.

How does that make Alonso 'untouchable'?  Grumpy, yes.  Untouchable, no.
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #1368 on: 26 July 2010, 14:51 »
I think it's better to accept ferrari's got the pace now and spainard was just untouchable

^^^  :huh:

They had to ask Massa to move over and at the point in the race, Massa was quicker.

How does that make Alonso 'untouchable'?  Grumpy, yes.  Untouchable, no.

As I said because it's alonso everyone is moaning. If u look at lap times of both massa and alonso you will see who was quicker

adamrob69

« Reply #1369 on: 26 July 2010, 14:54 »
if alonso is such a great driver that everyone seems to think he is then why couldn't he pass him? And when he had the chance to pass fairly he messed it up because he chose the wrong line. Alonso is coming across to me as a very desperate driver, especially for demanding to be number 1 in the last three teams his been in because he isn't confident of beating his team mate in the same machine.

Massa would of been further ahead of him had he not kept running into traffic at the vital points in the corners, and when alonso got quicker massa matched him or went quicker! the only time alonso was quicker in the race was the first couple of laps of massa just putting on the harder tyres.

unfortunately Ferrari do some to have some real raw pace now, possibly more so then the red bull. As a McLaren fan i don't mind Ferrari taking points off redbull for the next couple of races, but by that time McLaren need to have found an answer.