Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 379943 times)

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2310 on: 02 October 2014, 11:17 »
Due to change next year, hoping they go ahead and make this  :evil:

Golf R Estate

I like an Estate, but for what I imagine it will cost, I'd have the forthcoming Passat BiTDI 240PS 4Motion Estate.

Followed an brand new RS4 estate this morning. Now there's a perfect estate car for those who have deep pockets.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Spartacus

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2311 on: 03 October 2014, 08:58 »
Picking up Mk6R on Monday. Rising Blue, 19 inch telegadas, sunroof, 5 doors etc etc. 1 owner and on 34,000 miles.

Looked at the Mk7R and the very cheap lease deals out there. For about £300per month you can step into a brand a new one.

Figure I will keep the 6R for about 3 years and pick up a 7R when the market is awash with them as they all come off lease.

Will post some pics next week.
Mk6 GTi - returned to leasing company after 3 great years and replaced with :

Mk5 GTi - Edition 30 - Revo 1 and some tweaks - 310 bhp. Its a better car than the Mk6  - Now sold and replaced with :

Mk6 R - Rising Blue 5 Door. Won't be standard 270bhp for long

Family Car : Mercedes ML420 with 360 bhp
Looking at Porsche Macan as replacement

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2312 on: 03 October 2014, 12:22 »
Picking up Mk6R on Monday. Rising Blue, 19 inch telegadas, sunroof, 5 doors etc etc. 1 owner and on 34,000 miles.

Looked at the Mk7R and the very cheap lease deals out there. For about £300per month you can step into a brand a new one.

Figure I will keep the 6R for about 3 years and pick up a 7R when the market is awash with them as they all come off lease.

Must admit its what I was thinking. All these mk7Rs been ordered on cheap lease deals the markets going to be flooded in 3 years time. They are going to be hard to shift due to the amount of them. They will probably plummet in value.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2313 on: 03 October 2014, 20:53 »
Nice one. Mk6 R is so much better looking than 7R IMO. Look forward to the pics!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #2314 on: 04 October 2014, 01:13 »
I might be looking at Merc C220 Coupe 125 edition.

2.1 Twin turbo engine with 168bhp and 400nm of torque
I've heard some being Stage 2 pushing 250bhp and 550nm+!!!

they come with as standard

Satnav 10gb hdd
folding mirrors
bluetooth
parking sensors front back
Led tails
Xenons with leds
heated seats
climate control
electric seats
presafe fatigue something
variable suspension so detects rough roads etc and softens dampers
and a super smooth transmission thats very reliable..
some have reversing cameras

What gets me, these cars are 11/12 plates going for the same money as a GTI and GTD they all have more kit and a more tuneable engine

How does the steering compare to the Golf gtd/gti? bearing in mind it's also rear drive, the SE saloon I drove had NO steering feel, rubbish.

I have a dsg and the slowness of the transmission is slightly annoying but in traffic it's butter smooth so it can be slightly forgiven.

Should I consider a c220 as an option?

MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust

Offline phil1975

• Not said much yet
  • Candy White 61 Plate Gti
« Reply #2315 on: 04 October 2014, 10:17 »

Must admit its what I was thinking. All these mk7Rs been ordered on cheap lease deals the markets going to be flooded in 3 years time. They are going to be hard to shift due to the amount of them. They will probably plummet in value.

Can't help wondering if the mk7 gti will actually be a rarer car than the mk7R in the future?

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #2316 on: 04 October 2014, 11:05 »
I might be looking at Merc C220 Coupe 125 edition.

2.1 Twin turbo engine with 168bhp and 400nm of torque
I've heard some being Stage 2 pushing 250bhp and 550nm+!!!

they come with as standard

Satnav 10gb hdd
folding mirrors
bluetooth
parking sensors front back
Led tails
Xenons with leds
heated seats
climate control
electric seats
presafe fatigue something
variable suspension so detects rough roads etc and softens dampers
and a super smooth transmission thats very reliable..
some have reversing cameras

What gets me, these cars are 11/12 plates going for the same money as a GTI and GTD they all have more kit and a more tuneable engine

How does the steering compare to the Golf gtd/gti? bearing in mind it's also rear drive, the SE saloon I drove had NO steering feel, rubbish.

I have a dsg and the slowness of the transmission is slightly annoying but in traffic it's butter smooth so it can be slightly forgiven.

Should I consider a c220 as an option?

All depends what you want from the car, the C220 is luxury with a bit of poke and they look very classy.

Where as the GTI/GTD are more of a driving car with loads of mods that can be undertaken and archive some good power.

I think the C220 is defo an option if you don't thrash it or drive hard and want some thing more refined.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #2317 on: 04 October 2014, 14:14 »
Thats the problem, I'm 21  :embarrassed: I want something quick and precise, which is why I love the gtd at night, I can't help to wonder the merc just wont be as fun or nice to drive when I'm in the mood :(
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2318 on: 04 October 2014, 14:24 »
Thats the problem, I'm 21  :embarrassed: I want something quick and precise, which is why I love the gtd at night, I can't help to wonder the merc just wont be as fun or nice to drive when I'm in the mood :(

Plenty of time for luxury later in life.  Forget the Merc, you're 21 ffs :tongue:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2319 on: 04 October 2014, 14:49 »
I had one of the very first C class's as a company car when I was 24. It was a 220 Sport Auto with a few options. I loved it. I think you adapt to the car you have, rather than driving it like you think you want to.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.