Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 428939 times)

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
Re: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO
« Reply #2230 on: 15 December 2011, 14:43 »
Bill at badger mentioned oil starvation with shallow sumps on my engine
It's not a option for me at all and iv never seen a
Shallow one with the sensors  ???

Link me up?

Anyhow I can get the INA one baffled it's cost £300 quid!

I get my modified sump back in the morning so I'll see how this fairs before I do anything else.

LSD is next
Then BIGger turbo in new year

Cant you simply instell sensor holes/brackets/however they work on a shallow sump?

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2231 on: 15 December 2011, 18:21 »
I'll have a look when I get in for you. As I looked into it before as I thought my engine was scraping, only to find out it was the plate under the cat luckily.

Take it you will be upgrading the internals as well, get the 2.0 stroker kit if you are doing so, it is a bit of money but the added capacity will aid in turbo spoil plus you will be upsetting mk5 owners with a 2.0 20vT engine. Its a popular kit amongst the audi 1.8T boys.

mate the car upsets Mk5 owners at present, as we found out the other week Versus the Mk5 with new S3 engine and apparently  350HP :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Normal Mk5 GTIs/ ED30s are nothing to worry about at all

will look into that tho, sounds good

@Wolverline - that sounds really good but I'm not looking to spend millions haha, i know it seems as tho i have etc but i never intended to go this far.. basically want this car to be a showcase for what me and ben can offer to people as a package..

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #2232 on: 15 December 2011, 18:46 »
If your car is a showcase, surely you should show people that you can convert to run a dry sump? Rather than showcasing that you can stick some metal to a deep sump to prolong the time before it breaks/gets twitted hard

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2233 on: 15 December 2011, 19:27 »
i don't want a dry sump...or a shallow sump

why can't people just accept this lol :grin:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #2234 on: 15 December 2011, 19:31 »

Because behind every successful person are a bunch of good advisors  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2235 on: 15 December 2011, 19:35 »
 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

i had a quick look around about the Dry sump kit.. nice yeah but £2500 and nothing specific for the S3 engine..

plus its for race cars. so the only benefit for me is the ride height..  but i can buy a hell of a lot of modified sumps for £2500 + LOl :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #2236 on: 15 December 2011, 19:47 »

What about a dry and shallow sump?  :laugh:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

i had a quick look around about the Dry sump kit.. nice yeah but £2500 and nothing specific for the S3 engine..

plus its for race cars. so the only benefit for me is the ride height..  but i can buy a hell of a lot of modified sumps for £2500 + LOl :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well this is your personal car so you can do whatever suits you, however, as far as showcasing goes I suppose you'll just have to point out that for a mk3 at least there is clearly a limit as to how low it can go before it runs into trouble.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #2237 on: 15 December 2011, 20:28 »
mk3's don't have much room from floor to bonnet, look at the inside of the bonnet on a mk3, they have holes around where he suspension goes as its pretty close to the bonnet. Whilst on a mk4 you could fit a kitchen in between the bonnet and the suspension mount.

I swear g-werks made a sump with an oil sensor as its the only shallow sump left in my bookmarks, they stocked a few different variation, but it looks like g-werks is now out of business  :sad: Didn't VW make a shallow sump for brazilian or south african market? Alternatively your mate with the welding that did you pipes could make a oil sensor connection somehow, incase you are ever worried of smacking your sump again and it all leaking out without knowing  :undecided:

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2238 on: 15 December 2011, 20:54 »
Seat made a sport version for the Bam / AMK lump, these are as far as i know hard to find now. but were a shallower type and possibly stronger ? although can't remember

My ultimate choice would be the INA sump i mentioned before, but if i can make something similar id be happy.. it is a test and if this does not work we will have to look at the INA one

the caddy I'm working on is even worse.. sump is almost sat on floor with no lowering !!! and iv used special engine mounts the raise engine 9had to cut some supports off the underside of the bonnet!   this sumps also going to have to be modified

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #2239 on: 15 December 2011, 20:57 »
Remind me, what unit are you putting in the caddy?