Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2832067 times)

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11860 on: 13 November 2021, 20:46 »
I think there are plenty of examples online of people with later GPF cars who are also very pleased with the upgrade!
mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11861 on: 14 November 2021, 07:34 »
Most excellent little review there LSBristol :afro:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11862 on: 14 November 2021, 11:04 »
In to VW Northallerton this morning to get my shrunk under bonnet carpet thing replaced under warranty. 80 mile round trip for me but a good run out for the car and I must say this dealer puts my local Pulman dealership to shame. Excellent service.

Good stuff, looks much better when replaced. Not sure I'll bother when I'm footing the bill though!
yeah if it happens in warranty it'll be replaced but if it shrinks again maybe some velcro might work. VW must have reduced the quality of these between 7 and 7.5 as the near four year old one on my previous GTi PP stayed in perfect condition without shrinking.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11863 on: 14 November 2021, 12:05 »
Been a busy weekend in the parish, decided I hated the silver disc hubs and stripped them right back and painted them satin black, then I fitted the Belvedere winter alloys. Then I gave it a good clean as it's due it's service this week as it's about to hit 6k miles since the last one.

The Belvederes have made me want to refurb my Pretorias into either Satin or Gloss Black or else Blue Chrome, and they are also nearing requiring two new Michelin PS4S'.

« Last Edit: 14 November 2021, 12:07 by willni »
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11864 on: 14 November 2021, 17:07 »
Looks fantastic, perfect combo of doors/colour and presentation :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11865 on: 14 November 2021, 21:21 »
Best wheel for a Mk7/7.5 by far 👍👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11866 on: 15 November 2021, 11:17 »
Well yesterday really, gave the car it's first wash in over a month, and a bit of a light machine polish and a couple of coats of C2V3.

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #11867 on: 15 November 2021, 14:45 »
Fitted my old pedal box (used only previous manual Mk7) for the first time since buying the car new in 2019.

Suddenly, leaving the car in D and just pressing the pedal makes sense. I didn’t think the combo of 245 and DSG would need a pedal box but I was wrong.

However, using the fairly high setting I had on the 230 manual makes the new car a bit aggressive for “ normal” use so it’s Ben tamed down a bit to amber minus by trial and error.

Car feels a bit fresher to drive, so does the driver 😏

Do you still notice the difference between the driving modes as much?
Does the DSG want to keep constantly keep kicking down with throttle inputs speeded up?
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #11868 on: 19 November 2021, 15:27 »
Gave my Clubsport a wash and a quick coat of Carpro Reload i found in stock that i bought back in 2015!!

2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11869 on: 19 November 2021, 16:06 »
Very nice both of the above  :cool:
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date