Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 792922 times)

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #1050 on: 17 October 2016, 10:08 »
It just turns off that you need to wear a seatbelt for EPB to come off (i.e. with just clutch and throttle) iirc. 
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #1051 on: 16 December 2016, 10:44 »
I am inquisitive and tempted to change a couple of the minor settings on my car.
Is it still the case that you need the Ross Tech VCDS to safely look into the car, or are there other products now on the market that are compatible with the Golf mk7?

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1052 on: 16 December 2016, 10:59 »
Loads of folk using the https://obdeleven.com/
It seems to be quite successful but only works on Android just now.
A video here about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUvmvN-pZr0

There is also VAG CAN Pro which I believe is similar to VCDS but can do other things that VCDS can't like activate VIM.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #1053 on: 16 December 2016, 11:46 »
Interesting p3asa, thanks for the heads up.
I am not mad about the credit system part, there is no real idea about how that works before you sign up.
Cheers.

Edit> Ah maybe not as bad as anticipated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tesklrp019E
« Last Edit: 16 December 2016, 12:23 by clubsport »

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1054 on: 17 December 2016, 04:31 »
Interesting p3asa, thanks for the heads up.
I am not mad about the credit system part, there is no real idea about how that works before you sign up.
Cheers.

Edit> Ah maybe not as bad as anticipated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tesklrp019E

Also Look HERE
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #1055 on: 17 December 2016, 08:16 »
Thanks dv52, I am fine with the credits now.
I ordered the OBDeleven yesterday, now at the mercy of the Christmas postal delivery.

Offline breezasib

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1056 on: 21 December 2016, 16:02 »
When I take my seatbelt off, my Mk7 puts the parking brake on. Is there any way to change this?

Also, can you change a setting so you don't have to press the brake to move from P to D on the DSG?

Chris

woody: Hi.
Seatbelt link to Brakes:  Go to the ABS module (@ address hex03) and navigate to the adaptation channel MAS02666-Seat belt buckle scan. The factory setting for this channel is activated, change not activated. If you need a security number then try one of those that I list HERE

Brake interlock to Park
: I don't know, but I suspect that the interlock is in the tranny control module firmware - not something that VCDS can access

Don

Which one of the security codes work in the ABS module for the parking brake link to seatbelt?

Online mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1057 on: 04 January 2017, 09:22 »
I've got some instructions that I wrote down for the dimmed DRL mod with indicators. I've checked them at Stemei and they are different. Can anyone shed any light on what the codings for at Stemei? It says it's"Enable dimmed indicators" but what's the difference with the DRL mod and this indicator mod. And sorry if this is a stupid question  :smiley:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1058 on: 05 January 2017, 21:25 »
I've got some instructions that I wrote down for the dimmed DRL mod with indicators. I've checked them at Stemei and they are different. Can anyone shed any light on what the codings for at Stemei? It says it's"Enable dimmed indicators" but what's the difference with the DRL mod and this indicator mod. And sorry if this is a stupid question  :smiley:

mcmaddy: I'm guessing about the "dimmed DRL mod with indicators" instructions you wrote down, but I suspect that they may be related to what is euphemistically called DRL wink. This is where the DRL lamp on the side of the car where the indicator is operating is dimmed whenever the indicator stalk is switched.  I'm also guessing about the Stemei instructions (haven't checked the site), but I suspect that they may refer to what is known as US style DRL/Parking light. This is where the blinkers are permanently dimmed when DRLs or parking lights/low beam is switched

So - DRL wink dims the DRL lamp and US style DRL dims the blinker - that's basically the difference!

Don
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Online mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1059 on: 05 January 2017, 23:08 »
Thanks Don
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.