Author Topic: cняis's orange mk2 VR6 - Dash out P.42  (Read 84985 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: cняis's mk2 VR6 - AKA Christine - now LOWER P16
« Reply #160 on: 28 September 2010, 00:36 »
i have a standard quad lamp red stripe grill to go on, but im waiting for my front panel/cross member/solid front engine mount/front bumper to be sorted yet  :tongue:
Forgot about the new grille, you gonna green the red strip?

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #161 on: 28 September 2010, 00:45 »
i have a standard quad lamp red stripe grill to go on, but im waiting for my front panel/cross member/solid front engine mount/front bumper to be sorted yet  :tongue:

perhaps not for the minute, we'll see  :lipsrsealed:

also what looks strange with the mesh is the orange front panel  :rolleyes: if it was black (like my new one will be) the mesh wouldnt seem so see-through  :grin:

just need to bust the kurust out cos the replacement front panel is a bit rusty in places  :lipsrsealed: but its straight and solid

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #162 on: 28 September 2010, 00:47 »
look'n good

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #163 on: 28 September 2010, 00:49 »

also what looks strange with the mesh is the orange front panel  :rolleyes: if it was black (like my new one will be) the mesh wouldnt seem so see-through  :grin:

just need to bust the kurust out cos the replacement front panel is a bit rusty in places  :lipsrsealed: but its straight and solid
yeah maybe thats it, the front panel coming through... ah well, sure it will look great with the new panel on, i cant fooking talk though, my cars all sorts of shades of black at the mo!

Offline cняis

• I live here
« Reply #164 on: 28 September 2010, 00:57 »

yeah maybe thats it, the front panel coming through... ah well, sure it will look great with the new panel on, i cant fooking talk though, my cars all sorts of shades of black at the mo!

maybe you should go gloss black lower half, satin black upper half and a red stripe down the middle... with a red spoiler....

i love it when a plan comes together!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #165 on: 28 September 2010, 01:09 »
maybe you should go gloss black lower half, satin black upper half and a red stripe down the middle... with a red spoiler....

i love it when a plan comes together!
Stop it i'm getting all excited too soon!  i cant wait till i'm at the stage where i can do things like you are again.  great minds and all that, i did think similar but other way around,   its the bottom half that needs spraying more than the top due to the dings it got in storage.  i also thought about doing the side trim red!?? same in the engine bay, red detail, would be like an A Team MK1!  :laugh:  i need to paint the whole car though really as there are issues all over.  its gonna be satin top to bottom, with red detail me thinks untill funds permit otherwise.  :undecided:

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #166 on: 28 September 2010, 13:00 »
looking good chris but i think the qual almps will look better

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #167 on: 28 September 2010, 13:12 »

+1 Looking great at the moment but will look the sex with the quad grill :afro:

Offline cняis

• I live here
« Reply #168 on: 28 September 2010, 18:16 »
Ha, only just noticed the mesh, its pretty cool i recon.  :smiley:

+1 Looking great at the moment but will look the sex with the quad grill :afro:

look'n good

Thanks chaps  :smiley: New quad lamp grille is going on when the bumper/front panel/cross members etc are all painted.

The new front bumper got dropped off at the paint shop today, I need to drop a pattern in tomorrow (i.e. fuel filler flap) so they can get the correct paint ordered up. The quality of the bumper looked good, but unlike the OE ones the top half (textured black plastic) had no moulding marks on the corners, which i think looks better anyway  :smiley:

Oh and shes now running on Castrol GTX 15w/40 part synthetic (170k mile engine), which has quietened the tappet noise right down :afro:
« Last Edit: 28 September 2010, 18:19 by cняis »

Offline Benrevs

• I live here
« Reply #169 on: 29 September 2010, 22:26 »
I am going to spoil it.   :rolleyes:  I also found a few old pics of when it was white... looks weird  :grin: