Author Topic: Ambient Lights - wiring  (Read 11397 times)

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
Re: Ambient Lights - wiring
« Reply #10 on: 06 November 2017, 20:36 »

Below is the thread for someone fitting the emergency door light it shows the connections

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13887

Seeing as that's my picture & thread...

Look at the connector for the ambient wiring there is a groove/join line across the width hallway down...there will be a flap which is hinged at one end & that groove is the area where the loose end flips up...you just need to look carefully at the connector from the side...flip up the side & then the pins come out...or they might need a paperclip (straight) into the holes where the pin end on face is...

Brown is earth, blue is power to door handle light & white is power to ambient lighting....that's at the 32pin door control module...so the blue & white there has me confused..
« Last Edit: 06 November 2017, 20:42 by golfdave »

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 06 November 2017, 20:45 »

Below is the thread for someone fitting the emergency door light it shows the connections

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13887

Seeing as that's my picture & thread...

Look at the connector for the ambient wiring there is a groove/join line across the width hallway down...there will be a flap which is hinged at one end & that groove is the area where the loose end flips up...you just need to look carefully at the connector from the side...flip up the side & then the pins come out...or they might need a paperclip (straight) into the holes where the pin end on face is...

Hurrah someone that knows their stuff  :grin:

Came across this flap earlier tried to push the pins out and no budge  :undecided: too dark when i get in now so will try again at the weekend 

This is the flap i lifted earlier and underneatg i could see the metal of the wires i tried to slide them out but no joy

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 06 November 2017, 20:52 »

Came across this flap earlier tried to push the pins out and no budge  :undecided: too dark when i get in now so will try again at the weekend 

This is the flap i lifted earlier and underneatg i could see the metal of the wires i tried to slide them out but no joy

You are in the correct area....if you get the flap up & open  that's the first unlock...just look at the pins from the end one..right side of connector in picture...you see sliver slot where the pin is, then two shiny black (looks white) squares to the right of it...the black bit in between is a slot to feed in a pin/paperclip to then press in a one way spring tag on the metal pin which also holds it in..

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 06 November 2017, 20:57 »

You are in the correct area....if you get the flap up & open  that's the first unlock...just look at the pins from the end one..right side of connector in picture...you see sliver slot where the pin is, then two shiny black (looks white) squares to the right of it...the black bit in between is a slot to feed in a pin/paperclip to then press in a one way spring tag on the metal pin which also holds it in..

Right Golfdave u better be on here at the weekend ! Failing that do u live near Stirling  :grin:

Will try it then see how it goes sods bloody law swapping the wires will be pointless and will stay white !

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 06 November 2017, 21:01 »

Right Golfdave u better be on here at the weekend ! Failing that do u live near Stirling  :grin:

Will try it then see how it goes sods bloody law swapping the wires will be pointless and will stay white !

I'll try to be....

& I live near to Inverness...so a couple of hours drive away...mind you I do have VCDS..& a couple of 3ton trolley jacks, & a load of tools...... :cool:

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 06 November 2017, 21:13 »

I'll try to be....

& I live near to Inverness...so a couple of hours drive away...mind you I do have VCDS..& a couple of 3ton trolley jacks, & a load of tools...... :cool:

VCDS thats the obdeleven gubbins eh ? Could be worth the day trip  :wink: :grin:

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 06 November 2017, 21:28 »
Its just occurred to me when u take the door card off and unhook all the clips the ambient light clip attached to the door card and essentially the bulb, has 2 black and 1 red wire perhaps these are what i should be changing rather than the clip attached to the wire loom ?

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 06 November 2017, 21:33 »
Its just occurred to me when u take the door card off and unhook all the clips the ambient light clip attached to the door card and essentially the bulb, has 2 black and 1 red wire perhaps these are what i should be changing rather than the clip attached to the wire loom ?
Could well be.....as you need to reverse the wires on the door card..as the wiring looms are the same, but the door cards are different depending on trim spec..so it might be the ticket...

OBD11 shmeven...

VCDS is a wee bit more powerfull...& I've lost count of the adaptions I've done to mine...mind you I recode the light in the hatch to switch when you open the tailgate..so the LED licence plate lights don't blind me...I have the estate, licence plate in hatch

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 06 November 2017, 21:42 »
Quite glad i asked that now ! Its a similar connector with the flaps that lift showing the wires only dif is its got numbers 1 to 4 with one red and two black wires going into 1 2 and 3 will pm u on Saturday when i get in about it....if u dont mind that is  :smiley:

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 06 November 2017, 21:52 »
Quite glad i asked that now ! Its a similar connector with the flaps that lift showing the wires only dif is its got numbers 1 to 4 with one red and two black wires going into 1 2 and 3 will pm u on Saturday when i get in about it....if u dont mind that is  :smiley:
No problems...

My thread on fitting the door warning lights is pretty good info for removing the door cards...& the connector as you say should be easy...