Author Topic: HIC wont quote me?  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Jungle_Don

• GTI forum regular
HIC wont quote me?
« on: 17 September 2007, 21:46 »
i can get a quote for and 1.8mk2 8v non gti with HIC for 800 i cant get quoted online for anything above group 12. does this mean they wont insure me or does it mean i need 2 ring them? how much extra do you think it would be for saya mk2 gti 8v  if they will quote me 800 for an 1.8? i dont want to waste my money rininging if they wont insure me or give me a silly price!

thancks

Offline Tom H

• Here all the time
  • Previously board-stupid! :D
Re: HIC wont quote me?
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2007, 21:51 »
How old are you, I know they have a minimum age for Gti drivers - I think it's 19, but not 100% on that.

Offline Jungle_Don

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2007, 21:53 »
im 22 6 points and no no claims so wasnt expecting it to be cheap its just strange the will quote me on insurance group 12 cars xr2s saxo vtrs and stuff but not the gti 8v? id be happy to pay around 1300-1400 quid but they wont quote me online?

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2007, 22:30 »
prob best to ring up anyway mate, of pm martinb and he will ring you back

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2007, 09:31 »
i can get a quote for and 1.8mk2 8v non gti with HIC for 800 i cant get quoted online for anything above group 12. does this mean they wont insure me or does it mean i need 2 ring them? how much extra do you think it would be for saya mk2 gti 8v  if they will quote me 800 for an 1.8? i dont want to waste my money rininging if they wont insure me or give me a silly price!

thancks

Its always worth ringing (explained here: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=51793.0 ) as there are loads more schemes available to us in the office than currently appear on our website.

Best bet is run through a web quote, dont worry too much about what price (if any) it gives, then pm me the reference number and your phone number and i will give you a bell and see what i can do.

Martin  :smiley: