Author Topic: Considering buying a cab  (Read 2290 times)

Offline The Hoax

• GTI forum regular
Considering buying a cab
« on: 04 June 2005, 22:27 »
Hi Folks

This is my first post in this section. I have owned 4 Mk 2 GTIs and a Mk4 GT TDi and my current everyday car is a 1990 Oak Green valver.

I am seriously considering buying a cab for my wife. My first Mk 2 was an 8v with no power steering and to be honest, it was a bit of a pisser to park and generally for low speed maneouvres.

Can someone tell me does a non PAS cab feel heavy at low speed? If the answer is yes, can you tell me which models are more likely to come with PAS as standard?

Right now, my wife up for it, but I would end up with grief if it was too heavy for everyday use.

Dinky

Re: Considering buying a cab
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2005, 22:32 »
my steerin on the cab is well heavy..but i cant park for sh!te anyhoo so is a gud excuse..think for to fit pas is about 1k or there abouts..sumone has priced it before n mentioned on forum..ive got 17"s on mine n i can handle it..id suggest lettin her drive one for her to judge for herself..
as for cars with pas..probs a mk3? :undecided:

Dinx :kiss:

kingsmk2

« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2005, 22:42 »
i wouldf have thought any cab in 90 spec should have power although some wont.. most 90 spec mk2's had it i thought and i assume it is the same for the cabby.

Dinky

« Reply #3 on: 04 June 2005, 22:53 »
well mines a 92 n it dont..but im probs wrong..

Offline *Dubby*

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2005, 22:57 »
i wouldf have thought any cab in 90 spec should have power although some wont.. most 90 spec mk2's had it i thought and i assume it is the same for the cabby.

They didnt make a mk2 cabriolet. tbh.
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Dinky

« Reply #5 on: 04 June 2005, 22:59 »
well..thats wot i thought...

Offline The Hoax

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 04 June 2005, 23:26 »
I think that Kings is making the point that,as they didn't make a Mk2 cabbie then the Mk1 development probably followed the course of the tintop Mk2, therefore, if a saloon of a particular year had stuff as standard then maybe the softop will too

Dinky

« Reply #7 on: 04 June 2005, 23:34 »
but then surely my 92 cabrio wud hav it then.. :undecided: tbh..i think pas only came into the soft top at the mk3 stage..sure ill be corrected if wrong..
anyhoo..get ur missus a cab,feck the pas! :wink:

Dixn :kiss:

Offline *Dubby*

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 04 June 2005, 23:40 »
i have to add, that compared to my mk3 with non PAS, my mk2 with non PAS actually felt like power steering. True.  :undecided:
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Offline eyeletboy

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 05 June 2005, 01:06 »
no right hand cabs came with power steering only the left hand drive did.