Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785001 times)

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8280 on: 08 April 2018, 15:55 »
Motor back on the road after 7month hibernation mode.
Taxed
New Bosch wipers
New battery
And detailed pics to follow.

Offline Tornado8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8281 on: 08 April 2018, 15:59 »
Today I fitted a Boomba Racing Short Shift to my GTI.

Installation was super easy and took less than 10 minutes. The adapter plate reduces the throw by 28%.

The results are great! Feels really good, super smooth and very precise. Well worth the £93.50 asking price IMHO. :grin:

28% seems to be just the right amont to take off, wheres my laser card?

I have just fitted one of these and am impressed, just the right amount of throw and very precise. A question? What does the adjustable spring do. What happens if you shorten or lengthen it?
Old, but a serial modder!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8282 on: 08 April 2018, 18:27 »
The spring is not any kind of adjustment, it is how the ends attach to the cables. Hopefully the below will illustrate:

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8283 on: 08 April 2018, 19:02 »

Well it was going be a good clean trying some new foam and shampoo however due to the return of the rain I've fitted red led footwell lights ......actually just one so far drivers side as its only side accessible whilst in garage....at least I can keep another bit of excitement for tomorrow doing the passenger side  :laugh: I should add I followed Rebecca's excellent advice I found from vwroc forum back in 2016  :cool:

It’s still easy but just remember that when you unplug the light fitting the cable is extremely short and can disappear into the light recess and make it quite fiddly. I thought it was a one off but all 3 of mine have had really short wiring plugs on them.

Cheers for that JB.....you're not wrong, its really really short on passenger side!!!....flippin 'eck ....I had to keep getting out to reconnect my spine, finally did it without losing too much skin off the fingers!  :laugh: very pleased with the results and have to agree with the top tip of trying the light first as I wouldn't want to try doing that again  :tongue:

And where are the pics?  :laugh:

Glad the guidance was helpful.   :smiley:  Same guidance on here too.  :laugh:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=275882.0

Yeah that passenger side cable is ridiculously short. I found years of yoga came in very very handy doing that side!   :grin:
« Last Edit: 08 April 2018, 19:04 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8284 on: 08 April 2018, 22:09 »
Thx Rebecca, to be honest I was really close to leaving it to have a look online for trim removal tips when all of a sudden it went on! :tongue:

I can see how the yoga training helped  :laugh:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8285 on: 08 April 2018, 22:13 »
Thx Rebecca, to be honest I was really close to leaving it to have a look online for trim removal tips when all of a sudden it went on! :tongue:

I can see how the yoga training helped  :laugh:

Now that was well worth persevering for!  Looks really really good, and that’s  a joy to look at after a couple years seeing blue footwells!   And crappy rhino hide Vienna leather. Love those seats.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #8286 on: 09 April 2018, 08:36 »
The spring is not any kind of adjustment, it is how the ends attach to the cables. Hopefully the below will illustrate:

The spring part is the cable adjuster

Unwind the locking ring and pull the spring back and the claws release the cable so it can find its natural position
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8287 on: 09 April 2018, 16:47 »
Took the long way round to the supermarket, 1.5 miles direct on boring roads so I took the 10 mile option with a nice stretch of dual carriageway. Even though it was raining and miserable outside, driving my car just makes me feel better. And all I wanted was some pitta breads :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #8288 on: 09 April 2018, 17:18 »
Took the long way round to the supermarket, 1.5 miles direct on boring roads so I took the 10 mile option with a nice stretch of dual carriageway. Even though it was raining and miserable outside, driving my car just makes me feel better. And all I wanted was some pitta breads :whistle:

Ha ha. That’s the sort of thing I do. Ideally an alternative route with some twisty bits. Went to the local garden centre the other day - the direct route; about 5 miles. My chosen route; 30 miles!

Enjoy the pita bread :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8289 on: 09 April 2018, 17:36 »

Ha ha. That’s the sort of thing I do. Ideally an alternative route with some twisty bits. Went to the local garden centre the other day - the direct route; about 5 miles. My chosen route; 30 miles!

Enjoy the pita bread :smiley:

Excellent! No point having a GTI if you don't enjoy driving it! Plus the right pedal needed some exercise, I'm sure it was getting a bit sticky from all the slow commutes :whistle: :laugh:

Vegetarian tagine tonight so it was essential to get the pittas..
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.