Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785011 times)

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6500 on: 29 April 2017, 21:24 »
Well car been in for its very 1st service and glad all ok but tbh with 2k on the clock wasn't expecting any less lol.
Anyways service done Dtuk peddle box fitted with no issues even the clip n plugs separated very easily following Booths advise :-) anyhow got it set on amber + 2 green having a run out to the coast tomorrow so will see how it goes  :whistle:

Have yourself a nice day out :smiley we:

Thanks we hope it will be
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6501 on: 30 April 2017, 07:55 »
Didn't want to start a new thread but I'm thinking of this clubsport but does anyone have any info on it? It is number 757 but if you look at the second photo there seems to be a worryingly large part of the dash missing.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704174505197

In one breath it says it has the tech pack, in the description it says it only has a 6.5" screen and in the pictures someone has nicked the f**k*r :grin:

I've seen many cars described incorrectly on the Autotrader website. They seem to use a 'generic' description for some cars which doesn't always accurately reflect the car that's for sale. For this Clubsport, it also states it's got front and rear parking sensors (Clubsport only has rears).

I think that before I took the time and trouble to go and view the car, I'd contact the dealer and ask why the centre vents and infotainment screen were missing and see if the dealer's explanation sounds plausible.

Lots of dealers still remove head units/radios/entertainment to stop them being stolen. Despite the face that the VW stuff is almost useless if stolen (at the moment), idiots will still steal them. If it ain't there, no point damaging the car.

That's what my wife said.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #6502 on: 30 April 2017, 09:49 »
OBDeleven stuff including changing the mode button so that it doesn't turn orange when in sport or individual mode.

How did you do this?

I've been looking in VCDS & tried various settings in long coding in modules 09 & 19....I hate that orange led

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6503 on: 30 April 2017, 10:31 »
OBDeleven stuff including changing the mode button so that it doesn't turn orange when in sport or individual mode.

How did you do this?

I've been looking in VCDS & tried various settings in long coding in modules 09 & 19....I hate that orange led

I found it here http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/985/mode-button-color

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #6504 on: 30 April 2017, 13:01 »

Bugger that's the same Byte 15 bit5 bit7 tick untick I have been trying :angry:

My car has Mode button from factory so bit5 ticked, so untick bit 5 & tick bit7 & what happens is it turns the light out, but then it totally disables the button i.e. press button & it does not bring up the mode screen on the infotainment!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6505 on: 30 April 2017, 13:16 »
Well car been in for its very 1st service and glad all ok but tbh with 2k on the clock wasn't expecting any less lol.
Anyways service done Dtuk peddle box fitted with no issues even the clip n plugs separated very easily following Booths advise :-) anyhow got it set on amber + 2 green having a run out to the coast tomorrow so will see how it goes  :whistle:

Enjoy finally having a throttle pedal that does something, lol. Have a great run out. :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6506 on: 30 April 2017, 13:58 »

Bugger that's the same Byte 15 bit5 bit7 tick untick I have been trying :angry:

My car has Mode button from factory so bit5 ticked, so untick bit 5 & tick bit7 & what happens is it turns the light out, but then it totally disables the button i.e. press button & it does not bring up the mode screen on the infotainment!

Basically all your doing is telling the car it doesn't have the orange bulb. I done it with OBDeleven and not VCDS

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #6507 on: 30 April 2017, 15:13 »

Basically all your doing is telling the car it doesn't have the orange bulb. I done it with OBDeleven and not VCDS

Yes I know, but for some reason when you set it to turn the orange led off, it does this plus it also will not bring up the mode screen on the infotainment... :angry:

something else in the coding must be affecting it, I've posted up in rosstech & I know the bloke (dv52) who you quoted as he's also on mk7golf forum..so emailed him also..

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6508 on: 30 April 2017, 15:47 »

Yes I know, but for some reason when you set it to turn the orange led off, it does this plus it also will not bring up the mode screen on the infotainment... :angry:

something else in the coding must be affecting it, I've posted up in rosstech & I know the bloke (dv52) who you quoted as he's also on mk7golf forum..so emailed him also..

I didn't turn the orange light off, I told the car it didn't have have the orange light. Not sure if you mean the same thing by saying you turned it off.

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #6509 on: 30 April 2017, 16:56 »

I didn't turn the orange light off, I told the car it didn't have have the orange light. Not sure if you mean the same thing by saying you turned it off.

I selected the option "driving profile button without function light" i.e. telling the car that there is no orange light, which immediately turned the orange light off as I have the car in individual mode & this is lit with key turned in ignition (engine off).

However even after exiting vcds etc. & with engine on, pressing the button did not bring up the driver profile menu in the infotainment screen which it should still do.

So the tweak does not work properly...I also tried a soft reset of the infotainment unit & that made no difference either..

So back to how to turn the orange light off without totally disabling the button.....