Author Topic: Adrian's mk4 golf 1.8t  (Read 14307 times)

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
Re: Adrian's mk4 golf 1.8t
« Reply #40 on: 01 February 2014, 11:26 »
Update?  :cool:

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #41 on: 31 March 2014, 14:38 »
still no map.. was my own fault for this however. had to cancel my place.

However, I recently found out what a particular rattle was that seemed to come from the back of the engine.

I realised that the rattle kind of noise only occurs when the secondary air pump is running. I researched what the system consists of a couple of days ago and after chasing pipes around, the furthest back component linked to the secondary air pump is the vacuum valve that is held on with two bolts that would get blanked off if I removed the secondary air pump system. low and behold, when I started the car and listened to this component, the rattling seemed to come from here. Therefore I'm 99.9% sure that it is this at fault. looked into replacing it but they're over £100 new.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112034

Found the above link so I will be removing the system for the sake of saving money.. not to mention that removing the secondary air pump seems to be a common mod.

Will post back here once done to confirm that it was this part at fault when I can. 

Offline caravanking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 31 July 2014, 01:30 »
I've been slack with this to say the least. Done a few bits to this since the last post.
Taken sump off, cleaned the grime out if the sump and replaced the oil pickup and o-ring.
Serviced it, new plugs, oil, oil filter and fuel filter.
Refurbed my Audi comp wheels and have them a good polish, got tyres fitted and got them on the car.
I bought a milltek downpipe for it that's going on it Wednesday, also got a combi valve blank and need to remove the sai system.
Will get some pics when I can either figure it out on my phone or when my computer is on  :whistle: