Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 1986483 times)

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11330 on: 11 May 2021, 21:25 »
Those wheels look fantastic. Love the red trim to the centre caps; I'm very tempted myself...
2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11331 on: 11 May 2021, 21:27 »
Cleaned and treated the door seals to some Krytox, hopefully it'll help with some b-pillar area rattles. A quick test drive afterwards was positive but I'll give it a week or so to be sure. The sunroof could do with some tlc too.

Watts; is the Krytox something you've bought recently? I did look online a couple of weeks ago for some but it was eye wateringly expensive!
2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!

Offline Watts

• I live here
« Reply #11332 on: 12 May 2021, 06:40 »
Cleaned and treated the door seals to some Krytox, hopefully it'll help with some b-pillar area rattles. A quick test drive afterwards was positive but I'll give it a week or so to be sure. The sunroof could do with some tlc too.

Watts; is the Krytox something you've bought recently? I did look online a couple of weeks ago for some but it was eye wateringly expensive!

No, I've had it a long time but it wasn't cheap even then. It's supplied by car manufacturers other than VW and can also be bought from the original manufacturer but with a different name. I can't remember what that was though but if it comes to me I'll post it. It was discussed on here a few years ago.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Watts

• I live here
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline RM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11334 on: 12 May 2021, 07:53 »
Thanks for the eBay link, Watts. What size is typically needed to do all doors on a 5-door?

Offline Watts

• I live here
« Reply #11335 on: 12 May 2021, 08:33 »
In the post I linked above it was said that 30ml should do for 3 uses. Not sure what that equates to in grammes as in the ebay ad. Perhaps 10g would do? The bottle I have is tiny and has been used a few times but is still going. Not sure what quantity/weight it was, I'll have a look later.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline RM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11337 on: 12 May 2021, 12:49 »
In the post I linked above it was said that 30ml should do for 3 uses. Not sure what that equates to in grammes as in the ebay ad. Perhaps 10g would do? The bottle I have is tiny and has been used a few times but is still going. Not sure what quantity/weight it was, I'll have a look later.

Thanks, I’ve taken a gamble on a 20g bottle in the hope it’ll cover two cars… time will tell.

Offline Watts

• I live here
« Reply #11338 on: 12 May 2021, 13:36 »

Thanks, I’ve taken a gamble on a 20g bottle in the hope it’ll cover two cars… time will tell.

Mine is 10g. It's covered my current car (although sunroof yet to be done) and it did my previous car (3 door) and I lent it to someone to do their car too. There's a little left too say I'd say you should be fine!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline sjw

• Here all the time
« Reply #11339 on: 12 May 2021, 14:34 »
Took my first drive after replacing an ignition coil to resolve my "hopping" issue I posted about a few months back (doesn't time fly?)

OBDEleven helped to debug as a misfire, as did googling on a whim "mk7 gti drives like it has hiccups" :laugh: Turns out "hiccups" is a common term