Author Topic: Engine cover!  (Read 33288 times)

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
Re: Engine cover!
« Reply #220 on: 11 November 2023, 09:29 »
I've had the call from my local garage that my car has a recall and is due for a new engine cover. Who'd have thought it?

Booked in for early December, I told them I'd removed the original one and they said to take it in as VW want it back.

GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline RoryB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #221 on: 22 November 2023, 12:40 »

Hard plastic cover fitted to my CS Ireland this morning, didn't think they would ever replace them here.
Gone: Mk 5 GT Sport 140
Sticking around: Mk 7 GTD
Current: Mk 8 GTI Clubsport

Offline Ray84

• Not said much yet
« Reply #222 on: 22 November 2023, 20:33 »
Got mine as well today  :smiley:

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #223 on: 14 January 2024, 21:47 »
Can anyone confirm if the revised engine cover for a Clubsport is part number 06Q103925L or 06Q103925N ?

It seems the N version has extra insulation and different mounting brackets. Other forum posts seem to suggest the L version is for the GTI only and not for the Clubsport/ R

06Q103925N:

« Last Edit: 14 January 2024, 23:27 by clarky92 »
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #224 on: 15 January 2024, 18:59 »
Can anyone confirm if the revised engine cover for a Clubsport is part number 06Q103925L or 06Q103925N ?

It seems the N version has extra insulation and different mounting brackets. Other forum posts seem to suggest the L version is for the GTI only and not for the Clubsport/ R

06Q103925N:

Any EA888 evo engine over 180KW (245bhp) will have the hard plastic cover with the wadding (pictured) fitted, so that includes the 245 GTI, clubsport, clubsport45, R, and R 30years.
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #225 on: 15 January 2024, 19:03 »

06Q103925N:

Any EA888 evo engine over 180KW (245bhp) will have the hard plastic cover with the wadding (pictured) fitted, so that includes the 245 GTI, clubsport, clubsport45, R, and R 30years.

Thanks appreciate the confirmation
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Offline Yodi94

• Just got here
« Reply #226 on: 05 February 2024, 17:09 »
I called Inchcape cheltenham a week or so prior to my brake fluid change and suggested they order the cover so that it can be fitted at the same time, they did, and it was. 👌 spot on.

My GTI is from them too but a ‘23 plate. Can I ask who you spoke to at the dealership regarding this? Mine doesn’t have any active recalls, it didn’t come with a cover so I’m keen to get one if I can.

My local lookers dealership parts team said yeah just book in with servicing team. Spoke to them and they are adamant they can’t do anything as there is no recall on my car for this. I quoted the service campaign code and all. 

Offline The_Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #227 on: 05 February 2024, 19:27 »
Also a 23 plate car from a lookers dealer, been told they’re doing the recall in stages, based on production dates, and that we will eventually get one.
Current - MK8 CS - Dolphin Grey, DCC, Black Estoril, Rear Camera, Sunroof, Winter Pack, Harmon Kardon

Previous and sorely missed - MK7.5 GTI Perf, Indium Grey, Brescias, Art Velours, Rear Camera

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #228 on: 05 February 2024, 19:44 »
I called Inchcape cheltenham a week or so prior to my brake fluid change and suggested they order the cover so that it can be fitted at the same time, they did, and it was. 👌 spot on.

My GTI is from them too but a ‘23 plate. Can I ask who you spoke to at the dealership regarding this? Mine doesn’t have any active recalls, it didn’t come with a cover so I’m keen to get one if I can.

My local lookers dealership parts team said yeah just book in with servicing team. Spoke to them and they are adamant they can’t do anything as there is no recall on my car for this. I quoted the service campaign code and all.
I think it was Olivia that I spoke with, but any of the service team would be able to help, I think though, if I recall correctly!? that it was a case of the VIN having been allocated a cover on VWs system, and therefore they were able to order one.
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #229 on: 10 February 2024, 16:57 »
I sent an email to the VW executive office compiling that my new CS was missing the engine cover and they had my local dealer parts department order in the part and have it waiting for me. I didn’t need to book the car in with the service department, just rocked up to the parts desk and they handed it over.

Worth a shot if anyone else is fed up of waiting?