Author Topic: Mk7.5 gti - how to make it quieter  (Read 18636 times)

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
Re: Mk7.5 gti - how to make it quieter
« Reply #30 on: 01 August 2020, 19:42 »
Thanks 'golfdave'... great guide, will have to see if I can squeeze under to get it done tomorrow :undecided:
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #31 on: 01 August 2020, 19:48 »
Thanks 'golfdave'... great guide, will have to see if I can squeeze under to get it done tomorrow :undecided:

Easy, for a hatch..try it on the estate which is 1ft longer after the rear axle... :grin:

Find a high spot on your driveway or side road parking spot..get the rear axle on the high spot....I know people who have driven one side up & over a kerb & crawled under using the gutter of the road...

Offline Npr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 03 August 2020, 15:02 »
Hi I got the part fitted by the Audi dealer on Saturday and it is slightly better in terms of less noise but was hoping it would be more noticeable ( I don't have any sound proofing). Hoping as a few others have noted, that as I drive more I'll notice the improvement.
However, I've just been under the car and they have not fitted as per your guide (I did print off the guide) but is the other way round i.e. not sitting in the cradle but outside. So when I look from the back of the car I can see the nuts and bolts.Will that affect the results? Would I be best to ask them to refit?

Offline dervdave

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 03 August 2020, 18:41 »
Have them put it on properly  :wink:
2016 GTD

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 06 August 2020, 09:02 »
What a fricking nightmare !!!

I ordered my Harmonic Dampener and fixings from E-Acca in Mid July. The goods shipped about 2 weeks ago and were supposed to be delivered on Monday. It never arrived and after checking the tracking number it said "Your parcel could not be delivered, as we don't have the required contact name / number"

After nearly a week of emails back and forth and trying to find a number to speak to a human at DPD, I've finally discovered that they (E-Acca) put the wrong post code on the parcel and it actually got sent to NW10 7HR (which is Wembley area in London). I'm up in Cheshire 200 miles away !!

To add insult to injury, E-Acca kept telling me all week that the "address error" had been corrected and communicated to the UK (which by the way DPD UK tell me is not the case) So I'm now in the position where my part is sat in London and DPD say I can't change the address only E-Acca can, and E-Acca are telling me they have changed the address !!!

How fricking hard can it be to get this bloody delivered !! Rant over.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline dervdave

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 06 August 2020, 10:31 »
What a fricking nightmare !!!

Lets hope you find it all worth it eh ?  :wink:
2016 GTD

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 07 August 2020, 08:28 »
Hurrah... guess what turned up this morning just as I was leaving for work

Now to fit it this weekend. Let's hope it was worth the bloody wait !

I'll try and get some before and after photos to show you what it's like.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline darrent

• Not said much yet
« Reply #37 on: 07 August 2020, 08:57 »
Just a quick question. Why do a lot of people seem to be buying this from E-ACCA, is it not easier to get it from the local Audi dealer or are they a lot more expensive?

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 07 August 2020, 09:23 »
My local Audi dealers are a*se holes that why. Mine wouldn't' even entertain me unless I gave them a valid Audi VIN that was compatible with this product. I know that some Audi dealers are much better than others.

Offline darrent

• Not said much yet
« Reply #39 on: 07 August 2020, 09:27 »
My local Audi dealers are a*se holes that why. Mine wouldn't' even entertain me unless I gave them a valid Audi VIN that was compatible with this product. I know that some Audi dealers are much better than others.
:grin: Thought that might be one of the reasons to be honest  :grin: