Author Topic: Rear Wiper Judder ?  (Read 2779 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Rear Wiper Judder ?
« Reply #10 on: 07 November 2019, 18:06 »
I've got the Gtechniq on both front and rear and I'm still on the original factory wipers. Three years old next month and and still wiping perfectly.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Aparat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 07 November 2019, 18:41 »
Rear wiper on my car was juddering as well.  I polished the glass with some glass polish and then fitted new bosh blade. No issued since then.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 07 November 2019, 20:00 »
I’ve found that using Gtechniq to be the best for both front/rear glass. I’ve tried plenty of different ones over the years and only been spot on with Gtechniq.

Definitely worth a try from personal experience.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 08 November 2019, 06:40 »
Just need to be careful which Gtechniq product is used on the front screen as it can cause worse judder than before.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 08 November 2019, 08:44 »
Reading through this thread, since about the 12th October my rear wiper has started to judder & the front have been revealing residue/streaks like someone else posted. Prior to mid October both were perfect & had been for over a year since they were installed. All blades are Bosch, & I use meths/water & Fairy/hot rinse water to clean mine. I previously suffered 4yrs ago the dreaded front wiper judder even after trying G-techniq top glass coating & other wiper blades etc. the solution was to cut the glass with ceranium oxide glass cutting polish from car pro..(Ceriglass)

So why is it now causing problems? My car went into the dealership for cambelt  & MOT on the 12th & stayed outside overnight at the dealership until I could pick it up the next day. When I picked it up it had a heavy amount of condensation water on the outside as it was cold overnight My car is otherwise garaged all the time.

The fact that others are having the problem & only just recently leads me to believe that there has been a nasty acid rain cloud from Europe/Russia which has deposited loads of pollutants which has attacked the glass & roughed up the surface at a microscopic level. This same rough surface at manufacture is what causes the original wiper judder.

Solution:- cut the glass using Ceriglass...

« Last Edit: 08 November 2019, 08:58 by golfdave »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #15 on: 08 November 2019, 08:55 »
I think its probably something to do with the back end sucking up a lot of road dirt, which gets onto the glass and then ground in by the wiper. Scratched glass being the problem?

The rear diffuser on the Mk7.5 is definitely better than the Mk7 in so far as I only get a light dusting of road dirt on the bumper, unlike the Mk7 where it was like a sandpit but it still chucks it up there.

However, the Mk7 didn't seem to get the wiper mangled like this, so maybe the dirt stream is impacting the glass more somehow.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 08 November 2019, 09:02 »
I think its probably something to do with the back end sucking up a lot of road dirt, which gets onto the glass and then ground in by the wiper. Scratched glass being the problem?

The rear diffuser on the Mk7.5 is definitely better than the Mk7 in so far as I only get a light dusting of road dirt on the bumper, unlike the Mk7 where it was like a sandpit but it still chucks it up there.

However, the Mk7 didn't seem to get the wiper mangled like this, so maybe the dirt stream is impacting the glass more somehow.

I've had the car 5yrs now & NEVER had this problem with the rear wiper, even with the rear end coated in  masses of dirt. The car was clean before it went to the dealership & they did not "wash" it either as were told not to (& they obey)…& the fact my otherwise perfect & fixed front screen was now showing streaks/patches when the blade passes over & the streaks did not tie up with the blade means its something that has settled on the glass.

Basically who has problems just appearing or re-appearing & keeps their cars outside ?....

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #17 on: 08 November 2019, 09:46 »
Mine is kept outside.

Its been doing this for easily 6 months, maybe longer now...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC