Author Topic: What's you plans for the GTI/GTD when it arrives  (Read 8280 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: What's you plans for the GTI/GTD when it arrives
« Reply #20 on: 08 June 2013, 20:34 »
This thread gives some idea as to what can be coded but some of the things that you could code on the mk6 are standard on the 7, like dial staging:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=154971.0

Cheers James.  From that thread it seems like you need a cable and some software. Is that something you can download for free? (EDIT: seems like it costs £220!!! Ouch) (EDIT2: that's excluding VAT... FFS)

Also seems like some people have modified the MFD output, but it wasn't quite clear if you could make it show some combination of values, say speed, fuel consumption and range, or only pre determined outputs that VW made but may not show by default.  Has anyone done something like this?
« Last Edit: 08 June 2013, 20:42 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 08 June 2013, 20:41 »
What's you plans for the GTI/GTD when it arrives: put in my order for MK8, i'm sure it'll be announced by then.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 08 June 2013, 21:47 »
Tax disc holder for £17.99  :shocked:

Ill be driving home first, then ill sit on the driveway and sort out the Dynaudio and set it up with my tunes and my phone. Once that's sorted I'll be driving down to the missus' work to show her. Then I'll drive home and have a play some more.

Lunch.

Ill then go for another drive, then return home, have a cuppa, then pick the little 'un up from nursery. Then in the eve ill nip round my mum & dads to show it off (yes, even at 37 I have to show them!)

All in all I should rack up 100 - 150 miles at least thus breaking the car in a little.

Can't wait!!   :cool:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 08 June 2013, 22:00 »
Tax disc holder for £17.99  :shocked:

Then in the eve ill nip round my mum & dads to show it off (yes, even at 37 I have to show them!)

All in all I should rack up 100 - 150 miles at least thus breaking the car in a little.

Can't wait!!   :cool:

Don't worry, I'm the same age and ill be doing exactly the same thing minus child

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 08 June 2013, 22:20 »
Haha, has to be done eh!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 08 June 2013, 22:30 »
Remove dealer sticker from rear window, carefully.
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 08 June 2013, 22:36 »

Oh crap, I forgot about that.  They better not be writing their name beneath the GTI logo either (like Vindis seem to do) or putting a big website URL on the number plate either! :angry:

Think I'll have to email them when the car is in transit specifically instructing them not to do any of these things... If they want advertising on my car they can pay me a monthly fee like anyone else would have to.  I'll make the rates prohibitive of course! :tongue:

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 08 June 2013, 22:39 »
My current GTD still carries a large URL in sticky letters on both side windows. I never bothered to remove it on the grounds that there would probably be at least one letter that would be impossible to remove.
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 08 June 2013, 22:40 »

Oh crap, I forgot about that.  They better not be writing their name beneath the GTI logo either (like Vindis seem to do) or putting a big website URL on the number plate either! :angry:

Think I'll have to email them when the car is in transit specifically instructing them not to do any of these things... If they want advertising on my car they can pay me a monthly fee like anyone else would have to.  I'll make the rates prohibitive of course! :tongue:

Exactly, ill be making it clear I don't want any advertising what so ever and that includes on my private plates

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 08 June 2013, 22:58 »
Exactly, ill be making it clear I don't want any advertising what so ever and that includes on my private plates

Perhaps if they write a URL or something on the car I will pay with a cheque that has my we address of choice scrawled all over it.  I'll offer to issue them a cash-able version as soon as they remove their web addresses from my car!  :evil: