Author Topic: The 'Evry' on a budget performance mod  (Read 5958 times)

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
The 'Evry' on a budget performance mod
« on: 30 May 2006, 12:24 »
Has anyone tried this:-

Folks,

All I can say is that Evry needs to take a place with all the rest of the TDI Gods here on the forum.

I performed the "Evry fuel mod" on my stock TDI and gained an immediate "feels like" power increase of around 15 hp.

The generalities have been posted before, here are the details..

Cost: Around $5

How-to:

1) Bridge pins 2 & 3 on the 10-pin fuel harness with a 1.5K pot. Set pot to max resistance.

2) Start car

3) SLOWLY decrease resistance from 1.5K

4) When the engine shivers (you will know, its very obious) the mod is starting to work.

5) When at around 1.2K, drive around.. you will be impressed

6) Go down to 1K ohms, drive around.. you will be MORE impressed

I've had it down to around 700 Ohms, and the idle was marginal (terrible!) but the power was un-friggin-real. Evry says he is down to around 850 Ohms and is happy there. At this setting it takes the engine a second to straighten out the idle, but its still acceptable. I'm going to replace the pot with a striaght 900 Ohm or 1K resistor and have done with it.

Most beautiful part about the mod: As good as the price is, if you use stick pins into the harness itself (at the rubber surrounding the wires), you can pull the mod out in a minute and leave no trace.

This should be mandatory for all stock or chipped TDI's sans tuning-box (who needs a TB with this mod?).

Power is very impressive.. if you dial it to the point where idle is marginal, smoke is impressive too. Otherwise, smoke is slightly more than stock. Evry has also done the equivalent of an "electric bleed" using a similar method on the MAP sensor, and as soon as I can get a boost guage, I'm doing the same.

Thanks Evry.. super cheap, simple, and effective.

Complete thread on this:-

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=12165&highlight=evry+mod

and more here:-

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=137662

I'm off out shopping so whilst I'm at it, a visit to Maplins is in order. A bunch of resistors and a pot, see what I make of this.

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Re: The 'Evry' on a budget performance mod
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2006, 13:34 »
Well, I've just bought a 1k pot and the following resistors: 1.2k, 1.1k, 1k, 820, 430, 300, 200 and a few 110's.

Couldn't get the 1.5k pot so I'm initially going to try the 1k pot in series with the 430 resistor and slowly wind the resistance down and see what happens. I'm hoping to find the best compromise of performance increase versus smoke, CEL and glow plug light illumination. Once I have worked out the correct resistance, I'm hoping I can remove the pot and wire up the required resistors as required.

Watch this space................

Offline arnoldlog1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2006, 16:46 »
is this the same as they sell on ebay, but not in a box??? don't they just over fuel ur engine by making ur engine think its hotter or colder than it actually is?

http://http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TDI-DIESEL-TUNING-MOD-CHIP-PD-VW-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-FORD_W0QQitemZ8070073488QQcategoryZ32094QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2006, 19:43 »
Well, I've just bought a 1k pot and the following resistors: 1.2k, 1.1k, 1k, 820, 430, 300, 200 and a few 110's.

Couldn't get the 1.5k pot so I'm initially going to try the 1k pot in series with the 430 resistor and slowly wind the resistance down and see what happens. I'm hoping to find the best compromise of performance increase versus smoke, CEL and glow plug light illumination. Once I have worked out the correct resistance, I'm hoping I can remove the pot and wire up the required resistors as needed.

Watch this space................

I'm still tied up with a Peugoet 306 XLD head gasket, timing belt and water pump change so haven't got around to this little project yet. Parts only arrived for the Peugeot  today so I'll be flat out tomorrow so that I can play with my car over the weekend :cool:

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2006, 20:10 »
oh now come on rich... you could've made a head gasket from chinese takeaway boxes by now, slacker ! :grin:

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 01 June 2006, 20:23 »
Not a head gasket, inlet manifold gasket...............and its still going............unbelieveable fix that one and well remembered you :wink:

I hope I'll see you at GTI International?

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #6 on: 01 June 2006, 20:31 »
yep ill be there.

will be interested to see how this resistor mod turns out, have heard a lot about it but never known anyone actually try it!

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 01 June 2006, 20:37 »
Well for the huge cost of £1.40 I thought it would be worth an experiment. Will let you know how I get on.

See you at Inters :cool: Don't forget 'the captains chair'