Author Topic: New car dealer mistake  (Read 7584 times)

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Re: New car dealer mistake
« Reply #30 on: 25 September 2017, 20:50 »
I think I'd be rejecting car, not sure I want my new car taken apart to fit new locks. Think of the rattles they'll introduce!

I'd ask for the dealer to provide a loan car until a new car can be shipped.

This is the right approach. I wouldn’t even entertain the offer of a lock change on a brand new car.

Offline Moots

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 30 September 2017, 07:20 »
Well car turned up yesterday, went and collected it and everything seems to be ok so far.

Really happy with it, the sales manager did what he could to make it right so I didn’t see the benefit in rejecting the car and having to wait for another. Now driving around with a big grin on my face :D

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 30 September 2017, 08:22 »
Good news Moots! Apart from more keys than standard :wink:, what spec did you go for?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Gaz W

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 30 September 2017, 10:14 »
Rejecting the car would be a very unlikely option to be honest, and not favourable for you or the retailer in question (wait times, costs involved etc).

At the end of the day mistakes happen, but I think its how the mistakes are handled and rectified that makes all the difference and if they have done everything they can to sort as quickly as possible, sorted the new keys and swapped over the required parts/locks etc and its as it should be thats all you can really ask for.
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, DSG, Indium Grey, DCC, 19" Brescia Alloys, Dynaudio, Jacara Cloth Interior

Offline Moots

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 30 September 2017, 14:13 »
Cheers guys, I’m happy with how it was handled and I got a few extras thrown in - autoglym/full tank/refund of £100, the lass who did the sales bought us a gift set from mamas and papas for our soon to be first child too, so that was a nice touch.

I’m all for being critical if people make mistakes, but i also think it’s only fair they’re given a chance to make it right.

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #35 on: 30 September 2017, 14:36 »

I’m all for being critical if people make mistakes, but i also think it’s only fair they’re given a chance to make it right.

You did the right thing.....

Also the legal aspect you can't reject without first giving the other party a chance to rectify the situation which is why you now (since 2015) have 6 months from date of purchase/signing documents with regards to car purchases...been there done that & been in court a couple of times over this (won each time)
« Last Edit: 30 September 2017, 14:38 by golfdave »