Author Topic: mk7 1.4 TSI dump valve  (Read 2419 times)

Offline candywhite12

• Here all the time
mk7 1.4 TSI dump valve
« on: 19 November 2020, 07:50 »
Hi guys

Car specs mk7.5, 1.4 DSG, 150hbp

quick question: Can a dump valve be installed in this car?  If yes, will it make a difference in the sound and will it hurt the engine in any way?

Much appreciated
Wife's: mk8 TSI 1.4 RL, 5dr atlantic blue, DSG, Norfolk 17", pan s/r, leds
Now: mk7.5 TSI 1.4 RL, 5dr tornado red, DSG, Singapore 17", pan s/r, leds
Before: mk6 GTI 5dr candy white, DSG, Monza Shadow 18", s/r, bi-Xenons, DCC
Even before that: mk5 GT 5dr tornado red, manual, s/r

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
Re: mk7 1.4 TSI dump valve
« Reply #1 on: 19 November 2020, 15:38 »
Yes you can fit one, Forge does one with the modified hose...

It won't hurt the engine, but its useless...the turbo has a build in electronically actuated internal wastegate to dump excess pressure...

Offline candywhite12

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2020, 11:05 »
Cheers mate, yes I've seen the Forge one, so in terms of sound will it add some spice to the gear change you think?  Like it was too much trouble for VW to make it actually sound a bit more whooshy

It won't hurt the engine, but its useless...the turbo has a build in electronically actuated internal wastegate to dump excess pressure...

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 23 November 2020, 16:17 »
Cheers mate, yes I've seen the Forge one, so in terms of sound will it add some spice to the gear change you think?  Like it was too much trouble for VW to make it actually sound a bit more whooshy

The standard wastegate is internal dumping to the exhaust side..so no-"whoosing"....& the target market is not interested in "whoosing" either...

It might sound good I have no idea as not interested. I prefer my "silent" Revo stage1-B remap with 190bhp+ & 312Nm+... :cool:

Offline candywhite12

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 24 November 2020, 08:20 »
no whoosh sound then... got into contact with Forge, DSG won't produce this kind of sound due to the speed of gear shifting.  :angry: Well, can't have everything I guess.

The standard wastegate is internal dumping to the exhaust side..so no-"whoosing"....& the target market is not interested in "whoosing" either...

It might sound good I have no idea as not interested. I prefer my "silent" Revo stage1-B remap with 190bhp+ & 312Nm+... :cool:

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2020, 10:06 »
no whoosh sound then... got into contact with Forge, DSG won't produce this kind of sound due to the speed of gear shifting.  :angry: Well, can't have everything I guess.

I have a manual...

I suppose the next thing you'll be asking as you have a DSG & want "noise" is:- "which pops & bangs tune should I get".... :whistle: :grin:

Offline candywhite12

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 24 November 2020, 12:24 »
So,which pops & bangs tune should I get?  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Just kidding...

I have a manual...

I suppose the next thing you'll be asking as you have a DSG & want "noise" is:- "which pops & bangs tune should I get".... :whistle: :grin:

Offline Pretzel

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 24 November 2020, 13:07 »
[/quote]

Is the Revo remap covered in one of your articles Dave?

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2020, 21:03 »

Is the Revo remap covered in one of your articles Dave?
[/quote]

I've not done anything on it ....yet

I've got a load of info on the EA211 engines & tuning the, & what can & cannot be done, & what is or is not worth the money or time...

I wish I had the Revo map earlier...its very good, I got it set to "performance mode B" as I always use Shell V-power which is actually 99RON..."B" set it at 98RON, & it can in an emergency run on 95RON...

Basically from the factory the car runs on 91/95RON...we never get 91RON...so even the Stage 1 standard "A" mode which is 95RON is what the car should have been...

car is way smoother...I can trickle along at 1,400rpm in any gear & it doesn't sound or feel like its trying to stall....it also goes right around to the red line ...4th is fast....2nd & 3rd is stupid......BUT you can drive it as slow or fast as you like..its very "drivable"....

basically all the old "faults" have been removed.... :cool:

Offline Pretzel

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 24 November 2020, 22:03 »
Excellent, sounds like a bit of a sleeper, always thought that 1.4 engine was a good little unit.