Author Topic: R32 fuel consumption, quick reply needed!  (Read 26222 times)

Offline Wh|t3R@bb|t

• Not said much yet
Re: R32 fuel consumption, quick reply needed!
« Reply #150 on: 07 January 2009, 22:57 »
No probs Clubs...you just showing off with your fancy iPhone ;-)  Again...something else I want, but need to be on Orange so its a no...New HTC Touch HD for me ;-)

We seem to be going off topic, but what you reckon my car is worth privately? So I know what budget I can think of for the new car.

2007 (May 07) Black GTI
DSG
24k with FMDSH (10k, 20k)
Full Leather (with Winter Pack)
Cruise Control
18" Monza II's
RCD 500 MP3 (6CD Changer) (Brand New...replaced under warranty this week)
Parrot LS-3200 Bluetooth

?!?!

Mods: Feel free to split the topic?

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #151 on: 08 January 2009, 02:05 »
Just been on Autotrader and judging by the prices there, I think your dealer was offering you a fair trade price.  Privately, I wouldn't pay more than £13k for your spec if that. Take a look:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/VOLKSWAGEN+GOLF/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-40-63-143-240-4294966995-4294967159/search.action?&keywords=gti+leather&sort=p_VehiclePrice&postcode=ip5+2bs&radius=1500&showMoreOptions=&page=2

Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline No Golf Clubs at all

• I live here
« Reply #152 on: 08 January 2009, 09:59 »
Wh|t3R@bb|t £10.5k is a total and utter insult. £12k is pretty much what you should expect from a trader I would reckon, with a little more for private (why I dont know)...anyway, thats another discussion for somewhere else.

Dealers have to start to accept, particularly against used cars, that they cannot make as much money on both ends of the deal. Else we will just hold onto our cars and not buy, their stock will rust and depreciate further and they will all go hungry.

There are not the same margins in a new car. 

Now,  just imagine the scenario where you trade your car in for that new R, you get 10.5k!  :sick: I come along the next day to the stealers, its up on the forecourt for £15k, I ask for a trade in price on my 05 (55) my06, FULLY loaded DSG GTI and get offered say £9k....a balance to change of £4.5k..... :sick: I am thick  :rolleyes: so I accept it....the next day the stealer sticks my car on his forecourt and slaps £12.5k on the windscreen....in total (gross) he wants to make £8000 on the deal! lol...

Of course...I am not quite as thick as I made out above  :rolleyes: (though some people do pay sticker) and no way do I accept either price...so keep my car, walk away..a lose lose scenario.  IF the tosser had not insulted me and offered a me a reasonable price to change then he would have had a sale, proved revenue on his books and kept trading, albeit with less profit than he would like....This is actually the position I am in now with a car locally, correct spec, dealer wont accept that he needs to make less profit on it....lol...the car has been on his forecourt now for 4 months...and I am waiting until he has to take it to auction and may buy it on the day for £11k ....drive up to his forecourt and moon at the twit  :evil: (in reality I am not interested in it now as it is another calendar year and the car was a 2006, so he can just sod off lol  :smug:).

It has ALWAYS been this way, but in these times unless they give a bit, they will not be in business for long.

Wh|t3R@bb|t  If I were in the market for a newer GTI I would offer you £12.5k today for it, however its an R32 I have my heart set on....although I would have to move my beauty on first.

Let the fun begin........Red Gti, full colour coding, DSG, Xenons, Winter pack, Lux pack, Highline, Sat Nav, Sunroof, Leather, Milltek, ABT rear valance, Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics....pescaras :-)

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #153 on: 08 January 2009, 12:08 »
£12k trade price was good. I'd agree that with him and try and hammer him on the R32 price... or sell privately for £12.5 for a quick sale or £13k if you're willing to wait.

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #154 on: 08 January 2009, 12:11 »
Wow, I must be telepathic or something.  I didn't read you valuation of £12.5 No Golf Clubs... £12.5k would be a good deal for anyone though.  BTW, anything under £12k is an insult.