Author Topic: Would a R32 rear lower valance fit onto a GTI ?  (Read 5237 times)

Offline Rob-MK5

• GTI forum regular
Re: Would a R32 rear lower valance fit onto a GTI ?
« Reply #20 on: 01 September 2008, 16:41 »

Offline Neil-MkVGTI

• Not said much yet
  • Who Needs Brakes !!!
« Reply #21 on: 07 September 2008, 20:59 »
Ok thanks dude! Any ideas on how much a full R32 rear would cost? (any excuse to not call a stealer - they are always complete muppets and don't seem to understand the concept of changing parts)

I had a suspicion that the lower parts were not interchangeable - firstly as many other people probably would have done it, and secondly, they looked slightly different shapes.

there are 3 sections upper bumper, then middle, then bottom (exhaust part). the middle and bottom have to be changed (part with reflectors). im not sure how much it is from VW as i baught a prepainted one off ebay for 100 notes  :cool:

Joe

You did well to get the R32 bumper and pre-painted for £100!  Have you got the exhaust insert yet?  I take it you're still going for the R32 dual exhaust too?

Just installed R32 rear lights yesterday so getting the itch to get on with doing something with the bumpers.  R32 bumper and exhaust and trim is a bit of a expense (£1000+/-), so considering colour coding the bottom half of rear bumper and getting an OSIR exhaust trim:

In CF it's £289 from TT shop but not sure it will stand out against black.  I'm toying with non-CF at £160 and getting painted gunmetal like the trim on the bottom of the S5.  Could then repeat the effect with the front chin spoiler.

Neil

Offline Neil-MkVGTI

• Not said much yet
  • Who Needs Brakes !!!
« Reply #22 on: 07 September 2008, 21:08 »

:smiley: :smiley: