Author Topic: State of play with my suspension/bushes - Don't know what to make of it  (Read 11408 times)

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Gonna need some help sourcing and pricing it all up  :wink:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Gonna need some help sourcing and pricing it all up  :wink:

couple of ways

1. Go to Yell.com and type in motor factors for your post code - and ring round them
2. Go to stealers and see what price they may charge you

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
What upgraded parts could I get?

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Last Edit: 11 September 2008, 13:06 by bobbarley »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
Cheers Rhys, I'll see if I can still get in on their GB action, they're wrapping it up by the looks. 

I spoke to the guy at Awesome, it's just the front bushes that need replacing, then the anti roll bar and all associated parts.  The parts aren't that expensive, it's the 4 hours labour that's the killer :)
« Last Edit: 11 September 2008, 13:39 by bobbarley »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Cheers Rhys, I'll see if I can still get in on their GB action, they're wrapping it up by the looks.  As for the wishbones, looks like I need them completely replacing.

might be best to speak to the guy at DPM direct rather than posting and waiting to see  :smiley:

would be best to get complete new wishbones as it will be quicker to replace the whole wishbone rather than getting new bushes pressed in  :smiley:

what concerns me mate is the amount of bushes that have gone on such a low mileage car  :sad:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
It's 9 years old though, you saw the picture of my mount, the rubber has just perished.  I get the impression rubber isn't meant to last that long, 9 years I guess was pretty good going.

Awesome reckoned I was best replacing the front bushes with Powerflex ones.
« Last Edit: 11 September 2008, 13:44 by bobbarley »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Awesome reckoned I was best replacing the front bushes with Powerflex ones.

they would as they then charge you for pressing the Powerflex ones into the wishbones  :rolleyes:

i think Powerflex is overkill; when i change mine i'll be going for the Audi TT bushes as per the link i posted - i like my teeth!!

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
Maybe I'll just replace the wishbones with new ones from VW then, saves on labour just doing the straight swap.  Then get them to add the uprated Eibach ARB I'm hoping to obtain :)

Take it you can't use Audi TT wishbones then? :P