Author Topic: I rule!  (Read 8476 times)

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
I rule!
« on: 03 August 2008, 01:02 »
Toddled up to the lights next to a Golf GT TDI today.  You shoulda seen the guy (more like a kid) inside it.  Shorted person I've ever seen, with his arm draped over the top of the steering wheel, because he's just SOOOO cool!  You know the type I mean, probably had a track suit on.

Lights changed, and he tried to shoot off, so I let him, knowing full well 50 metres down the road the next set of lights were red, no point.  He does the same thing again, bit stupid really, because the next set of lights are red as well.

Course I know these lights are going to change any second,and because he ragged it up to them he had to stop, whereas I coasted along in second gear.  Lights change, and I leave his for dust, the only limit being who was prepared to go the fastest in a 30 zone.

Silly child...  :grin:
« Last Edit: 03 August 2008, 10:17 by bobbarley »

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: I rule!
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2008, 09:11 »
 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

from zero to hero in the space of two threads  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I rule!
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2008, 10:32 »
The GTTDI also had plumes of black smoke coming out of the back of it  :cool:

Offline RTechUK

  • Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,379
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
Re: I rule!
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2008, 10:51 »
The GTTDI also had plumes of black smoke coming out of the back of it  :cool:

LOL, Having fun with your remap then?

Sounds like the TDI has a tuning box or a maxed out power remap which will give loads of black smoke pre boost..

Nick



R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

 01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I rule!
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2008, 10:53 »
Indeed, the black smoke did seem to occur very low in his rev range, probably pre-boost.

still no match though  :tongue:

Offline the_stink

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,308
  • A3 140 TDI
Re: I rule!
« Reply #5 on: 03 August 2008, 11:14 »
was he leaning as far back as poss lol similar thing round my way with the lights first set no point but second set  :grin:

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I rule!
« Reply #6 on: 03 August 2008, 11:26 »
Yeah, seat far back, his arm over the top of the steering wheel.  This guy was SERIOUSLY short!!!

Offline giffy1988

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 63
Re: I rule!
« Reply #7 on: 03 August 2008, 11:31 »
im short  :cry: lol cant beat no1 in my slug so good on ya  :grin:

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: I rule!
« Reply #8 on: 03 August 2008, 12:39 »
The GTTDI also had plumes of black smoke coming out of the back of it  :cool:

LOL, Having fun with your remap then?

Sounds like the TDI has a tuning box or a maxed out power remap which will give loads of black smoke pre boost..

Nick

indeed - my map only gives a slight puff of smoke and then nothing but dust as i disappear into the distance  :smug: :cool: :grin: :grin:

Offline dai-cymru

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,601
  • 1989 MK2 16V
Re: I rule!
« Reply #9 on: 03 August 2008, 12:49 »
tut tut grown men and playing the childs traffic light grand prix  :wink: :wink: