Author Topic: DSG woe update  (Read 16106 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
Re: DSG woe update
« Reply #10 on: 02 August 2008, 14:26 »
I'm stuck with a car that should be getting over 340bhp and 13 second 1/4 miles that is now stuck at 300bhp and 300lbft (I suppose it could be worse!!)

....It could be a lot worse! What's the standard version of your car? 230 bhp? - You've done very well to take it this far to date. Patience and be grateful for what you've got rather than what you haven't. Upgraded clutches will become available in due course.

So, you reckon upgrading the suspension to coilovers may help a bit. What about the Quaife? - It definitely should help traction a wee bit.

I've had the Eibach's since March, but have had to wait for another part to come first.

A Quaife would undoubtably increase grip and improve handling, although I'd rather only have to crack open the DSG once. :wink:

Think Positive.
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #11 on: 02 August 2008, 14:40 »
A Quaife would undoubtably increase grip and improve handling, although I'd rather only have to crack open the DSG once. :wink:

....Good point. If/when you seriously want the Quaife, PM me - Don't order one before first talking to me.
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 02 August 2008, 14:51 »

....Good point. If/when you seriously want the Quaife, PM me - Don't order one before first talking to me.

Nuff said :cool:

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #13 on: 02 August 2008, 20:16 »
....In an effort to cheer you up, Hurdy : -

Real, not imitation! :evil: and not cheap.
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 02 August 2008, 20:17 »
....In an effort to cheer you up, Hurdy : -

Real, not imitation! :evil: and not cheap.
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 02 August 2008, 20:24 »
^^^^  :grin: I dread to think much.

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 02 August 2008, 20:28 »

I feel a little like Vtec.......don't really want much to do with the car at the moment and feel like it is slightly tarnished in some way. I even went out in it earlier to have a good blast, but even that left me a little hollow inside. :cry:

Buy a 1.3 Skoda Felicia for a couple of hundred quid, drive around in that for a bit and then go back to your Golf. I'm going to love mine when it's back on the road, even though it won't be to the spec i want it by any means!

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #17 on: 02 August 2008, 20:31 »
In a conversation I had while discussing turbo options for mine, it was mentioned (although i didn't take much notice since mine is manual) that the dsg can be 'remapped' to apply more pressure and reduce the 'micro-slippage' to let you throw more torque into the 'box.

Offline k4ith

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 02 August 2008, 20:39 »
I think its the waiting for one to be made and put into production.
I had a Mk2 Leon FR Tdi and was deperate to get it mapped as the stan 170 was not enough i went round every tuning Co going to see if they could do one but because of the DPF nobody was doing them as they weren't sure if the car could handle it, it drove me mad as i new there was more potential inside it, it took a while but now most tuners do them but i didn;t wait i jumped ship and bought an ED30.
So its all in the waiting, wait and finsih the car or sell and have to start again.
what the yanks they will be doing one or do they not get DSG's?
MKV Golf GTI Edition30, GIAC Pump&Race Map, AutoTech Fuel Pump, R32 Front Brakes, Dbilas Flo-master Intake, S3 Intercooler.ECS Dog Bone Insert.
MKII GTI 8v Tornado Red 88 - Das Projekt

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 02 August 2008, 23:18 »
In a conversation I had while discussing turbo options for mine, it was mentioned (although i didn't take much notice since mine is manual) that the dsg can be 'remapped' to apply more pressure and reduce the 'micro-slippage' to let you throw more torque into the 'box.

Yeah this is true, there are a couple of companies in Germany that remap the DSG oil pressure to induce a higher clamping pressure on the plates. I've been told that it would be okay to do, but would inevitably only be a short term fix for a longer term issue. This is because the slippage will eventually reappear and ultimately means you still need an upgrade clutchpack. VW racing use standard clutchpacks with upgraded software, but the software isn't generally available :sad:
So its all in the waiting, wait and finsih the car or sell and have to start again.
what the yanks they will be doing one or do they not get DSG's?
The Yanks are waiting on the HGP/HPA clutchpack upgrade, but have been waiting quite a long time so far :sad: