Author Topic: What does DUb stand for?  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Shams_Golf

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • $ham$_Golf ROCKS!
What does DUb stand for?
« on: 31 July 2008, 20:27 »
Like the title says, What does DUb mean? :embarassed:

I've always wondered but not asked anyone, sorry lolz! :nerd:

Offline (shakey)

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,537
  • IS STILL SICK ABOUT CRASHING ME 1.8T AFTER 2 YEARS
Re: What does DUb stand for?
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2008, 21:26 »
Like the title says, What does DUb mean? :embarassed:

I've always wondered but not asked anyone, sorry lolz! :nerd:

when u say vw u hav bud init so thats is where it comes from i think 80% sure of it

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,576
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
Re: What does DUb stand for?
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2008, 23:37 »
Was it from that old (mk3??) advert with the deep-south hillbilly hic's etc, that said "veeee-dub-yyaaa"???
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline mk4Martin

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 261
  • Midlands VW
Re: What does DUb stand for?
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2008, 23:51 »
vee-dub-ul-you

Offline linz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,412
  • vee-dub
Re: What does DUb stand for?
« Reply #4 on: 01 August 2008, 13:57 »
doesnt stand for anything really just like a shortenened version of saying v w

as ^^^^ said

Offline T_J_G

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,279
Re: What does DUb stand for?
« Reply #5 on: 01 August 2008, 14:43 »
isn't it an american car modding company aswell? Hence those DUB badges in halfords  :sick:

Offline Horney

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,782
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: What does DUb stand for?
« Reply #6 on: 01 August 2008, 14:58 »
I *Think* a Dub in amaerica is 22" wheel.

Nick

Offline Mew

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,589
Re: What does DUb stand for?
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2008, 15:00 »
I *Think* a Dub in amaerica is 22" wheel.

Nick

20" me does believe, but close  :smiley:

Offline Horney

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,782
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: What does DUb stand for?
« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2008, 15:01 »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DUB_Magazine

Yeah I was wrong Mew, I don't listen to enough fiddy.

Nick

Offline Mew

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,589
Re: What does DUb stand for?
« Reply #9 on: 01 August 2008, 15:04 »
Oooh, 20" or larger according to that. We're both winners!