Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 430286 times)

kells

Re: KELLS, BLACK OE+ EARLY G3 GTI.... F17 BAD :-) ** NEW PICS PAGE 22
« Reply #270 on: 09 February 2010, 11:49 »
ill try get a pic of the seats tonight as im going over their to see em :-)

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #271 on: 09 February 2010, 18:46 »
Hey kells, loving the look of your mk3!  :cool:

getting my D90's sprayed up same kinda colour. . just wondered what rubber you got on and if i didnt go with the streached look what size?

also how do the adapters work, am i gonna need more bolts?

kells

« Reply #272 on: 09 February 2010, 20:15 »
i run 195/45 rubber matey

go for 205/45s for less stretch mate

adapters come with all the bolts if you get the decent ones, (Fk) they just bolt on to the hub using the bolts they come with, and then the rim just fits on them as it would your normal hub, its that simple  :cool:

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #273 on: 09 February 2010, 21:38 »
yeah. . getting the FK ones  :cool: my bolts i have in my longbeachalloys be cool for theD90's then?  :smiley:

mie are 7j all round so if i went for the 195/45's will get the same look as your fronts

kells

« Reply #274 on: 09 February 2010, 22:49 »
i run hte bolts i had on my longbeach too

and my rims are all 8" wide mate, front and rears, wont be far off looks wise i wouldnt think tho mate

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #275 on: 09 February 2010, 23:29 »
Can I just mention H&R adapters are the bee's knee's but you pay for them!

FK from what I've heard aren't bad.

What's these seats then mate? Cars looking good. :cool:
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

kells

« Reply #276 on: 10 February 2010, 00:12 »
Seats are Recaros like the colour concepts, but retrimmed by Mj interiors so the quality is ALOT better, will have stitched in Recaro logo and heat embossed MJ interiors logo, still deciding exactly how i want  them to be, will have rear headrests too of course as i hate mk 3 rear seats without them :-)

not sure what to do about door cards yet as its £££££ to have them retrimmed (cheepest he can do what i would want is £275 for the 4 door cards alone haha) so may look out for some highline ones or concept ones in black, so if anyone has any get in touch.

they will have a uprated heating element in them too (CARBON FIBRE) so the loom is different, i need a OEM dash switch and then need to adapt that to fit the loom that comes with the aftermarket heating elements, it comes with stand alone switches but i wanna run OEM versions. dont think it will be a problem tbh.. had alokk at the loom today, i may get a VW loom and modify it to the aftermarket loom etc
going for this set up because they get alot warmer and dont burn out, and most important they dont burn through the material which can cause damage to the leather, MJ showed me some examples, and also told me the VW pads are prone to fail..  i trust his opinion as he has been in this game along time and is very highly regarded 

the seats wont be ready till late march i dont think tho, something to look forward to :-)

check his website: (needs updating tho as its quite old now)

http://www.mjinteriors.co.uk/
« Last Edit: 10 February 2010, 00:14 by kells »

kells

« Reply #277 on: 13 February 2010, 18:38 »
Been over at MJ interiors today, my new interior will be ready for next weekend, so ill be taking my car over and he will be putting it in with me..  cant wait :-)

just gotta source all the bits i need to convert the rear windows to electric as i dont wanna cut the new door cards
apparently i need the dash loom with conections for the dash mounted switch which will control the rear windows, the looms are different from 1995 onwards so i need a early type one. plus early type loom for both rear doors and obviously the mechs and motors

looking forward to getting it all sorted  :cool:

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #278 on: 13 February 2010, 18:50 »
Should look good mate!

kells

« Reply #279 on: 13 February 2010, 19:05 »
yes matey, really cant wait, cant recommend MJ enough, he is a really top guy! and very very good at what he does.

just need to get the Bam in once this little lot is all done then ill be a happy chap haha :grin: