Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 431796 times)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: KELLS, BLACK G3 GTI..
« Reply #1260 on: 12 June 2011, 22:33 »
yeah its in perfect vision too from drivers seat. and i like making use of the vents i dont ever use - you know the score  :smiley:

Just been with my mate Mj (mj interiors)  might get him to trim the panel in leather ha - he says he will do if i want.. kind of like the carbon fibre tho now... ill see how i get on with it :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #1261 on: 12 June 2011, 23:33 »
I have this to compliment your boost gauge if you like, all i'd ask for is postage. It uses a 501 bulb in the back which can easily be swapped for a blue LED.

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a=i&k=s&p=134GOPEBARW

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline mark-mk3gti

• I live here
« Reply #1262 on: 13 June 2011, 06:34 »
What about mounting in the drivers dash speaker grill, seen somewhere that the cover was lifted and a panel made so it sits raised and 2 gauges mounted, will try and find the pic today, then you could keep oem vents appearance and fit an oil pressure gauge, thought you'd be wanting one on this bad boy :)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1263 on: 13 June 2011, 09:54 »
mark let me know

chris - that is a mighty fine offer - really appreciate that, not sure if i wanna run 2 gauges yet, but if i do ill take u up on this offer - you are a top guy   :wink: :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #1264 on: 13 June 2011, 13:36 »
mark let me know

chris - that is a mighty fine offer - really appreciate that, not sure if i wanna run 2 gauges yet, but if i do ill take u up on this offer - you are a top guy   :wink: :cool:

No probs, I recently pulled it out of the dash and wont need it. Doesnt come with a sender though so I cant check if it works (or can I run 12v through it to check?)

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1265 on: 13 June 2011, 14:02 »
i will let you know if i need it mate, many thanks for the offer - means a lot to me.. got you all wrong before mate  :wink: :smiley:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #1266 on: 13 June 2011, 16:45 »
So is it raining CATS and dogs yet in your letter box?

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #1267 on: 13 June 2011, 16:55 »
+1!! Need daily update fix now!!!!!  :grin: :grin:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline benvictors

• I live here
  • bgk Tuning - coming soon!!!
« Reply #1268 on: 13 June 2011, 20:03 »
Still waiting on the cat, it left america on Friday so shouldn't be too long now  :cool:
Brads ordered the mk4 washer bottle, oil pressure sensor t-piece, oil temp sensor and new PAS pump plug which will all be here on Wednesday so that lot will keep us busy Wednesday night, gotta get a silicone bend for the air filter re-location too.
The coolant flange off the side of the engine interfered with the gearbox tower weight so I'm on with re-shaping the weight at work so it fits nice an snug, that should be ready to go back on Wednesday too.

Lots and lots of work gone into this that we haven't illustrated yet, we modified the radiator housing and flipped the radiator so the coolant hoses are on the right like on the Audi, which meant we had to extend the thermostat wiring.

Had to source an ignition live in the bay for the inline coolant pump for the turbo, spliced into the reverse switch for that and run a new plug to the pump,

had to extend the MAF wiring so it sat in the bay nicer and ran to the MAF nicely. Extended the carbon canistor plug for the re-location.

Had to cut an additional hole on the bulk head so the new loom ran inside rather than across the engine

sh!t loads more pics to come  :grin:

Offline benvictors

• I live here
  • bgk Tuning - coming soon!!!
« Reply #1269 on: 13 June 2011, 20:22 »
Ran the boost gauge pipe the old route of the clutch cable and utilised the rubber bungs to make a seal through the bulk head

Chopped up the centre console for the fitment of the boost gauge, fitted the back plate in with double sided tape to prevent movement

spliced into the heated seat loom for the illumination