Author Topic: Panel filter info/help  (Read 7699 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Panel filter info/help
« Reply #10 on: 29 March 2007, 13:56 »
Standard  :smiley:

Offline ExEvo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 29 March 2007, 14:15 »
Just see that under your photo  :rolleyes:.

Cheers
Tim.

Offline arnoldlog1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 29 March 2007, 18:02 »
i've heard that alot, about them putting 140 out rather than 130. i've seen it in magazines etc. weird  :undecided:

but cool  :cool:

Offline ExEvo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 29 March 2007, 19:52 »
i've heard that alot, about them putting 140 out rather than 130. i've seen it in magazines etc. weird  :undecided:

but cool  :cool:

Defo

So i have a TDI 140 then  :smiley:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #14 on: 29 March 2007, 20:47 »
think one member on here had a 150PD and put it on the rollers; put out near 180bhp or something along those lines!

Always handy having an extra 10bhp for nowt  :wink:  whether or not the rolling roads are accurate are always open to speculation but if they are out (which is most likely) at least it gives a higher number so there's more chance of the car putting out what the manufacturer claims!

Offline Bluefox

• I live here
  • ...back again!
« Reply #15 on: 01 April 2007, 09:09 »
Got a feeling that AWX denotes the engine code.

I think Bluefox has a Skoda Fabia VRS so it's pretty much the same engine as the 130 ASZ found in the Golf (as far as I'm aware!)

Incidentally I've got a 130 and just use the standard filter; seems fine with that; both rolling roads I've been on show her to be putting out 144 and 140 (obviously take the results with a pinch of salt!)

Yeah, AWX is the engine code - but I've actually got a Skoda Superb 130 TDI, my mum's got a Fabia VRS. :laugh:
Incicentially, my engine's mounted north-south and mum's is east-west, so I'll assume the Fabia's engine is very similar to the Golf's. Did the ASZ have a six-speed box?
Ryhso, thought you'd had yours remapped recently?
Bluefox
Current: '84 Golf C 1.9 TDi | '01 Polo GTI | '01 Audi A2 TDi | '83 MG Metro
Previous: '83 GX | '04 R32 | '93 VR6 | '86 GTi 8v | '88 Diesel | '92 G60 | '04 Skoda Superb TDi | '90 GTi 8v | Plus many more!

Project Thread - http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=270683.0

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #16 on: 01 April 2007, 14:32 »
Got a feeling that AWX denotes the engine code.

I think Bluefox has a Skoda Fabia VRS so it's pretty much the same engine as the 130 ASZ found in the Golf (as far as I'm aware!)

Incidentally I've got a 130 and just use the standard filter; seems fine with that; both rolling roads I've been on show her to be putting out 144 and 140 (obviously take the results with a pinch of salt!)

Yeah, AWX is the engine code - but I've actually got a Skoda Superb 130 TDI, my mum's got a Fabia VRS. :laugh:
Incicentially, my engine's mounted north-south and mum's is east-west, so I'll assume the Fabia's engine is very similar to the Golf's. Did the ASZ have a six-speed box?
Ryhso, thought you'd had yours remapped recently?

yeah ASZ has a 6 speed box  :smiley:

not had it remapped; building up my no-claims at the moment as insurance is a bit of a killer  :sad:  also want to sort the handling out first before i try putting any more power through the front wheels  :laugh:

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #17 on: 04 June 2007, 22:29 »
i'm going to resurrect this thread as my car's due for a server in a few weeks at which point the air filter is going to be replaced, so naturally I'm thinking get a 'performance' panel filter  :cool:

so what's the best to go for on the TDI's the oiled K&N or the dry green cotton?

price wise they are both about the same ~ £50

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #18 on: 05 June 2007, 08:05 »
think the dry cotton one is your best bet.  Oiled filters tend to screw up the MAF in next to no time.

Haven't you learnt anything!!??  :lipsrsealed: :rolleyes: :tongue: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #19 on: 05 June 2007, 09:46 »
Haven't you learnt anything!!??  :lipsrsealed: :rolleyes: :tongue: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yeah changing pretty much anything can fook the MAF up  :laugh:

i'll have a look round the web and find out where the best place to get a green cotton one from is then, unless anyone has other recommendations for a dry filter