Author Topic: Blyton Blast 5th WYIOC Trackday at Rallydrive April 8th  (Read 2562 times)

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
Hi guys

Well I'm popping along to this one it's a impreza owners club day out but it's a track and I'm getting tuition from them to show me how it's meant to be done. The guy organising has advertised it on a few forums so we will be welcomed!

Rallydrive is 10 miles south of Scnuthorpe just outside the village of Blyton, and is sited on a disused WWII airfield in the middle of a cornfield. As it is not a pure racing track in the mould of Donnington or Oulton, the surface is a little rough and there are some potholes (imagine TopGears track). The circuit itself has been set up to challenge the balance and handling of the professional racing and rally teams whom use it as a test facility, and so provides plenty of fun on its 1 1/4 mile lap.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=485172&page=1

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Offline Jon C

• Just got here
Re: Blyton Blast 5th WYIOC Trackday at Rallydrive April 8th
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2006, 12:15 »
I've been to the last 2 of these in my mk1 GTi.

I've had a top day each time and have been made very welcome by the Scooby lads. There will also be Misu Evo's, Clio 182's, Nissan 200sx's, Pug GTi's and a few other cars taking part so don't be put off from bringing your stock 8v GTi out for a blast! :smiley:
Blyton's a great beginners venue and the WYIOC day can't be beaten on price for a full day on track.

Would be good to see a few more VW's on track to keep mine company :wink:

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2006, 22:06 »
cool you'll have to say hi I'll be in a monza blue valver e193 *** like this one under my post :) what do you drive?

Offline Jon C

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2006, 23:31 »
I've got a mars red mk1 1.8 gti 8v. I've changed the suspension and brakes, but pretty much stock apart from that. Being a mk1, it will keep up with the Scoobs on the twisties, but they have the advantage on the straights! :angry:
Before the mk1, I had a stock 8v mk2 which I took to Blyton a few times (which included my first ever trackday :wink:) I bought that car for £600 and with a decent set of tyres and a cheap Blistein suspension kit fitted, it coped amazingly well and could keep up with some cars costing over 10 times as much!

Hope to see you on 8th April, I'm sure you (and your mk2) will enjoy it! :smiley:

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 26 February 2006, 16:27 »
I'll be there matey first trackday in a golf done a bit of grasstracking in my younger days, getting tuition from the owner guy at rallydrive so should improve my times a bit. I'm hoping been a valver it will at least give the scooby guys a run for their money whilst the turbos spin back up!
Next few weeks spent sorting it out and making it trackworthy! See you there :)

Offline Jon C

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2006, 01:13 »

anyone else up for this? There are a few places left :smiley: