Author Topic: GTI Edition 50 order thread  (Read 229067 times)

Offline The WolfMan

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 34
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #70 on: 29 March 2026, 22:04 »
I placed my order for a Dark Moss Green Edition 50 with most of the bells and whistles expect pan roof and leather seats in early Feb. I asked my dealer for a build week in early March and he said its week 26, but could be sooner. The VW tracker at some point in the last few weeks has moved to step 2 - your order is with our factory.

I hope it comes slightly early as I've booked A/L in mid August for a car trip around Scotland for a car I yet don't have...  :grin: It'll still need to be run in and oil changed too before I can drive it freely.

I going to take the car on many trips and drive it as intended. So I've been looking at getting PPF to protect the paintwork, but the cost is about 4k. By the time you add in the initial detailing to prep for the PPF and maybe ceramic coating you could easily get to 5k, or just shy of 10% of the value of the car. Not sure If I should go down the PPF route or just leave it completely. Any thoughts?

I have read here that the Akrapovič exhaust, the Black Warmenau wheels and the rear spoiler were causing delays.

Regarding your car, I don't like PPF. I would apply only a ceramic coating.

I understand the care for your car, I do the same but that oil change that you mention, if it is performed after the break in periof I think it is a waste of money. I would do what VW says in the first 1500 km and then enjoy the car.

Yeah. It’s the build date I was asking about, not the date of order. Cheers.
Sorry, I didn't read well your message :P

Offline JoeGTI

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,479
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #71 on: 29 March 2026, 23:47 »

I going to take the car on many trips and drive it as intended. So I've been looking at getting PPF to protect the paintwork, but the cost is about 4k. By the time you add in the initial detailing to prep for the PPF and maybe ceramic coating you could easily get to 5k, or just shy of 10% of the value of the car. Not sure If I should go down the PPF route or just leave it completely. Any thoughts?

If you’re particular about your paintwork and want to keep it looking as pristine as possible, then I would strongly recommend PPF. You don’t need to do the entire car though. The high impact areas are sufficient - so the front bumper and bonnet primarily. A good ceramic coating will also make it much easier to keep on top of the cleaning.
MK8.5 GTI Clubsport. Moonstone grey. Queenstown 19’s. DCC. Harmon Kardon sound. Pano roof.

Offline MrEdition50

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 42
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #72 on: 30 March 2026, 01:14 »
So that’s 2 people that’s gotten an  email saying there car has been built? Did you get a build week email or did you just get an email saying that the car was built? Also what is the spec that you both configured? Thanks
2026 Volkswagen Golf GTI Edition 50 #19

Dark moss green
Performance pack
Area view 
HK sound system
AV Steering Wheel
Sports tyres
Front & Rear wind deflectors
GTI Edition 50 pattern fabric seats

Offline Paul70

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 492
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #73 on: 30 March 2026, 07:22 »
By backreading the thread, Paul ordered on 16.01 and Garwin left a deposit in the dealer on 25.05 and called the dealer on 13.01 to confirm the order.

Yeah. It’s the build date I was asking about, not the date of order. Cheers.

My initial email from VW in early Feb confirmed a build week in late May. I didn’t receive any further emails until yesterday. My dealer has kept me updated every few weeks and they confirm BW 13 around late February. Your dealer is the best source of information. Hope everyone hears soon.
2026 Golf GTI ED50

Offline king monkey

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,818
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #74 on: 30 March 2026, 07:43 »
Hi Paul, really appreciate that. I’m not going to pester the dealer as in zero rush but just wanted to see if the date had moved. Make sure you get some photos uploaded when it comes! 👍👍
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Garwen

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 60
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #75 on: 30 March 2026, 09:22 »
By backreading the thread, Paul ordered on 16.01 and Garwin left a deposit in the dealer on 25.05 and called the dealer on 13.01 to confirm the order.
Our build fade was meant to be 16 April

Offline Garwen

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 60
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #76 on: 30 March 2026, 10:28 »
Latest email from the dealer the car is actually in the dock in the uk and will be at the dealers within 2 weeks
Whoooooop whoooooop

Offline MrEdition50

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 42
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #77 on: 30 March 2026, 12:46 »
Great news Garwen!  Did you get a confirmation for a build week email or did you just hear nothing till now and have a surprise  :cool: can’t wait to see some pics when you get it!
2026 Volkswagen Golf GTI Edition 50 #19

Dark moss green
Performance pack
Area view 
HK sound system
AV Steering Wheel
Sports tyres
Front & Rear wind deflectors
GTI Edition 50 pattern fabric seats

Offline Garwen

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 60
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #78 on: 30 March 2026, 12:58 »
Just SURPRISE  it’s been built lol

Offline Legally Binding

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 36
Re: GTI Edition 50 order thread
« Reply #79 on: 01 April 2026, 11:36 »
Yes, the black Warmenau wheels are indeed the bottleneck for production. I've been following the Germany forum, and from approx. page 100 onwards you can see many Germany and other EU customers have had delays due to the Black Warmenau wheels. It's a rather strange bottleneck because it's the default option on the PP car, and on the Black Edition Golf R so you would believe they have sufficient stock. In any case, I ordered with the sliver Warmenau wheels and had it double checked with the dealer - I didn't want the car to come with Black Warmenau wheels by mistake.

I only really considered about lots of stone chips, which would be evidence on a green car. Still debating it, it's a lot of money. It'll either PPF the whole car, or no PPF rather than having parts done so it won't be visible.

Congrats Garwen! You're probably part of the very first UK customers getting the car!