Author Topic: HELP :) mk7 pano roof won't close  (Read 1026 times)

Offline ondafly

• Just got here
HELP :) mk7 pano roof won't close
« on: 03 June 2023, 12:42 »
hi - just been cleaning the rails and applying gummifledge. when I stupidly push down a tab with a cloth that is along the rails - pretty sure i did the same on the pax side too. idiot should have been paying more attention.

anyway roof won't fully close now.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/6Xc2RLmS5PQ

any advice ?

Offline ondafly

• Just got here
Re: HELP :) mk7 pano roof won't close
« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2023, 12:53 »
additional pic from a working pano ! the tab is generally where i circled

Offline ondafly

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2023, 15:33 »
I've managed to get it open - by pushing upwards towards the rear of the glass. This slid it open, however initially it was sitting on the roof - i've since loosed up the little mechanism on either side, so that it sits up a bit now.

However when I go to close - same issue - gets stuck at that point.

Is there any sensors or something around there, that I've inadvertently covered up with grime ? also the little tab has not reappared :(

heres a pic of the rail now. tab is in the inner yellow bit.

Offline ondafly

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2023, 17:55 »
So finally got the roof closed. And for future self here's what I did. Got it open by pushing upwards on the glass as stated above. Then the little tab in yellow above - I fished that out on both sides. Then closed the roof. However as it nearly closes it pushes open fully but instead I closed it a second time and pushed it along.

So there's definitely a sensor somewhere that's getting triggered and doing a full open when it meets resistance.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2023, 18:52 »
Here's a link to the service manual, might be something in there that helps - https://www.vwgolf.org/sliding_sunroof-618.html

Hope you get it sorted.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.